Sending Baby Cloths

stevewool
Posted
Posted

is there such a way to send baby cloths to a charity, or hospital or any where else that needs them, i havr to take into the cost of sending a box over to the siad place which i have no idea of the cost or the ways other then by balikbayan box which does cost a lot, are there cheaper ways and does it get to the proper place too, not to someone on a street market who will sell them on, these are seconds baby wear brand new and never been worn, age from birth to 24 months, from babygrows to teeshirts and shorts hats bibs and so on, if the costings is to much to get to the phils i shall have to look at other ways thanks for looking

• Like 2

brock
Posted
Posted

I should keep them for yourself Steve, you never know :thumbsup:

Cheapest way of sending them is by Balikbayan, But as you say very expensive from the UK.

• Like 2

i am bob
Posted
Posted

There are many orphanages that could use these clothes - not to mention the poor! Depending on how much you have, perhaps someone going to the Phils would have room in their luggage or a BB box to share? Another option is to see if a church in your area is connected to any mission work in the Philippines. They will often take donated clothing and ship it several times a year without a cost to you.

• Like 1

Call me bubba
Posted
Posted

just ask BRUCE.

he would know.

• Like 1

JJReyes
Posted
Posted

I would also recommend contacting Bruce. The Philippines is poor, but Catbalogan, Samar is even poorer.

• Like 1

Bruce
Posted
Posted (edited)

Bruce? Is he stil even alive???

I have come across this question a few times before. There are a few factors to think about. First, clothes and baby clothes especially, are abundant and low cost in the Philippines.

From Florida, I pay $109 (currently, up to $119 before) per balikbayan box I send. I do send clothes, but only as a 'filler' and cushion for other items. So it really is not cost effective if sending just clothes. Unless they are YOUR clothes and you are moving there....

The best bang for your buck (quid in Merry Olde England) is to send to your helper / washer woman or similar person. She will keep what she want and sell the rest to supplement her family.

Other than that, get on line and search churches in any city you want in the Philippines. Address to the church and it will find its way there. Supposed to be for personal items, non commercial so I do not expect a problem.

Also, go to your local Walmart type store and buy some bags of candy / chocolate to put in the box.....

In any event, DO SOMETHING. You may never know the final outcome of your act of kindness but chances are even if the items are sold, they will be sold by a 'poor person' and then money will go to good use.

If you are at a loss as to who to send to, send me a PM and I will give you an address out on Samar where the items will but put to good use.

As for my own charity... I am in the process of buying a Thrift Store in Hollywood Florida for the benefit of the people and animals out on Samar.... I will do a post soon on this and His Jollyness is doing his part (again, pro bono) by designing a page to be added to the existing website for the charity!

Edited by Bruce
  • Like 3

stevewool
Posted
Posted

thanks all for the replies, i will wait till we send another box to the family and ask them to sort it out

• Like 3

i am bob
Posted
Posted
Bruce? Is he stil even alive???

Bruce? You didn't say if you were even still alive or not... :mocking:

Thanks for the info! I myself was debating recently on how to send some things to the Philippines for charity. I found a local church who gladly accepted my contributions as they are about to send a sea container of items for distribution to the poor and the areas that were hard hit by the typhoons and floods.

• Like 1