My Ideal House

Curley
Posted
Posted

Bundy's post in another thread has promoted me to post something that has been in my mind for a while..........

Funny you know, i guess i'm like most Aussies my age. Grew up with the "great australian dream", that is to own a typical 1000sqm block and a brick house. Well, in my life i've built/bought and owned a few nice big houses (lost one too hahaha) and lived on acreage,had nice views etc etc but now i'm gettin' on a bit, a house just doesn't mean much to me anymore.As long as i got a roof over my head and a place to sleep i'm fine with that.

We've bought a 46sqm townhouse about 5k's into the mountains from downtown Carcar. It's bloody TINY and yet so far i'm happy as a pig in s#$t.

Ask me again in a year or two maybe i'll have a different answer but for now, we have a place to live that we own and it's a start.

I have given some thought to what would be my ideal living accommodation in the Phils,

A place with a view, sea lake or mountains.

Gardens surrounding the house for privacy and lack of noise from my neighbours

A large living/dining/kitchen area.

One large bedroom with ensuite.

One small "office" to give me quiet time

Separate toilet for those "must go now" moments.

Outside toilet

Garage

Workshop

I wonder whether there would be a market for condos built with similar specs? Say the floor size of a 3 bed but just one bedroom one and a half bathrooms?

• Like 4

GregZ
Posted
Posted (edited)

I wonder whether there would be a market for condos built with similar specs? Say the floor size of a 3 bed but just one bedroom one and a half bathrooms?

Sounds excessive, so YUP, there is a market for those. :hystery: I want the same place, but with 3 or 4 bedrooms so there is lots of company that I 'like' + 2 full bath (1 is MINE) - NO HOT water, except maybe solar. I require a tennis court and basketball goals also! :tiphat:

MORAL: Everyone wants something different. The trick is matching the product with the buyer!

Edited by GregZ
  • Like 1

i am bob
Posted
Posted

Ah! My dream? To have a not too large house - a decent size kitchen with a working island / eating area, small but comfortable living area / office, decent size bedroom with lots of windows and a breeze, a small spare bedroom or two, a nice CR with an oversized BATHTUB to soak those aching muscles, an area open to the outside where I intend to do most of my living / entertaining company and is sheltered from a normal rain, lots of flower gardens and trees for privacy as well as a big vegetable garden and a place to raise the chickens / goat / kids... And it comes with a view of either the ocean / lake / river / Jake peeing on a tree or a view of the mountains.

Sorry Jake - we haven't really talked in a while so I thought I'd let you know you're not forgotten! :rolleyes: (That's another beer I owe you.... hehe!)

:36_1_68[1]:

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
lots of flower gardens and trees for privacy

:89: That's odd Bob!, I was under the impression, you were coming to the PI for the duration :whistling: Privacy? Hmmmm!

next Question?

post-2148-0-53929200-1357863383_thumb.jp

They tend to take the trees away to build. Pity really ( Jake still has his wall at mine though) :mocking: I will split the cost of a crate here bob! between you and me, it may well take one or two crates, to pacify him :unsure:

post-2148-0-08439400-1357863445_thumb.jp

Bob! I wish you well, on the hunt for your, dream

:tiphat:

• Like 1

i am bob
Posted
Posted

Thanks Jack - i will go in for half on those crates with you.

I wasn't going to have a wall so Jake and I will need the trees...

And the flowers are to hide if we end up doing number 2 by mistake...

Ok, I be quiet now....

:unsure: :no: :mocking:

(Somebody keep this man from ever speaking in public again, will you?)

stevewool
Posted
Posted

a view is a must for me, sea or mountain, lots of trees, a big open plan house all on one floor but a option to go higher for the view, open kitchen so you can always talk to others, lots of windows doors for the breeze, a large lot for my garden to keep me busy, a shady place to relax outdoors, not too much to ask for but to much if you have not the money, so far my fav place for this would be aburquerque or baclayon so you can see panglao and maybe use the peacock gardens pool being a neighbour that is

• Like 1