How Hard Is It To Bring Fiancee To Australia?

Adventurer
Posted
Posted

Lately I have felt a bit down as I know it is not going to be easy to be back with my fiancee who is still in the Philippines while I'm back in Australia.

My problem is I have hardly any savings left although I do at least still own a property and a new car. My Internet business has all but dried up and now I'm going to have to probably go back to work for the first time in years at a real 9-5 job and that is scary when you are nearly 50 and have little qualifications or recent work history.

On top of all that I can't see much hope to be back with my finance now for a long time until I can save a lot of money to get back there. I have no hope left to bring her to Australia with a spouse or similar visa as I have no savings or work history. If I was to get that we would need to wait at least a year until I have enough savings and work history to show immigration here.

But I did get a little hope up today when I was told I could bring her over on a tourist visa and it is only just over $100.

I found the website here about it: http://www.immi.gov.au/visitors/tourist/676/eligibility.htm

It all looks good but again the main problem looks to be money as they want to see her bank accounts etc to pass eligibility and my fiancee does not even have a bank account. I guess she could get one but without any savings then there is not much use.

OK, so having a property and some assets will probbaly help with any applications and that is the only good thing we have going for us. But it might also be nessacry for me to sell my property to get some cash so I can either go back and be with her plus use the money to invest in my Internet business or 2 to use the money to bring her here, All this seems like an up hill battle, not sure what is the best way to go?

Any ideas or feedback appreciated!

Bundy
Posted
Posted

Adventurer, i was always under the impression that the EASIEST entry visa to obtain is the "Fiancee visa". For this YOU need to complete the application as the "sponsor" to your fiancee and need to demonstrate that you have the capacity to support her whilst she's here.I believe she would be able to stay for 9 months on this visa and if you are not married at the completion of 3 months then she will need to return to the Philippines.

I realise this may not be the solution you are looking for but at least it puts the two of you back together and i'm sure under those circumstances, things will become clearer to you with regards the next step.

Even a "spouse" visa these days can be a nightmare for some, the Australian Immigration seems to be making it tougher and tougher all the time for people who are genuine and trying to go about things in a legal and orderly manner, whilst "illegals" can waltz in here anytime and receive assistance that a lot of ordinary Australians don't have. Crazy world.

Back to the "Fiancee" visa, i think you would need to prove a certain amount of assets and income, then the rest is character references.

Food for thought my friend, i wish you luck............don't stress out too much ok.

• Like 2

Adventurer
Posted
Posted (edited)

hey thanks Bundy for the feedback. Well, maybe the Fiancee visa is the better option if it means she is not going to be diagnosed as obviously she would not pass the financial eligibility to get a tourist visa. I think the Fiancee visa is a lot costlier if I remember right, probably around $1,500 by now and I know I can find out easy enough. I guess this just means I need to get a steady job here, save a bit and maybe in around 3 months time when things are looking better then I can put an application in. I hope it's not a long wait for a fiancee visa? I'm pretty sure it was the spouse visa that could take at least 6 months and maybe over 1 year, I hope the fiancee visa does not take that long? if it is any longer than 2 months + the 3 months it will be before I will be in a position to lodge an application then I might be better focusing on going back there to live for awhile.

Edited by Adventurer
  • Like 1

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

I don't know anything to do with the laws there but even if she was able to travel there today how would you support her without a job? Irregardless it seems you will need to find something soon. Selling everything an moving back is not a good option.

I know how difficult it is having the person you love living in another location. I hope you both can be together soon.

• Like 2

Okieboy
Posted
Posted

some of the immigration laws must be designed by those never been out of the country, i have a friend who would like to take his filipina wife to the USA for a visit, immigration says he can get the K3 visa but has to stay in the USA he cannot go and just visit, we have an American Citizen married to a filipina who cannot vist the USA but they have 11 Million there that are not legal, living there receiving help from the USA, better he fly to Mexico and walk across.

• Like 5

Bundy
Posted
Posted

hey thanks Bundy for the feedback. Well, maybe the Fiancee visa is the better option if it means she is not going to be diagnosed as obviously she would not pass the financial eligibility to get a tourist visa. I think the Fiancee visa is a lot costlier if I remember right, probably around $1,500 by now and I know I can find out easy enough. I guess this just means I need to get a steady job here, save a bit and maybe in around 3 months time when things are looking better then I can put an application in. I hope it's not a long wait for a fiancee visa? I'm pretty sure it was the spouse visa that could take at least 6 months and maybe over 1 year, I hope the fiancee visa does not take that long? if it is any longer than 2 months + the 3 months it will be before I will be in a position to lodge an application then I might be better focusing on going back there to live for awhile.

Mate, i know from experience (i have a friend going through it right now) that the spouse visa can be a pain in the arse. He is now pulling his hair out (what little he's got left) at the constant stalling and this guy is paying for an agent supposedly to speed the process up.It is now 9 months since his original application and his wife (in lapu Lapu) just recently told him it may be some time late this year before she can get the visa!

I don't have any recent knowledge (first hand) with the fiancee visa but i'm sure it ALWAYS was the quickest and easiest visa to get, certainly less than 3 months.

Hey mate, if i was you i wouldn't be selling anything off just yet. I would say you should take a job, any kind of job it doesn't matter, hang onto your property and then get your girl here quicksmart.The two of you will then work it out together.Filipinas are really resourceful and will come up with answers that you never dreamt of.

Even if you go back to live there as you say for a while. what are you going to do for income? and then if you do get married you may encounter even more hassles trying to get her here. It's not easy for you i know and sure is a lot more stressful and complicated than it was when i got married 10 years ago. I know of a guy who has been married for 5 years and lived in Cebu all that time, now has a little one as well and is trying to bring his wife and child to OZ. He's really getting pissed off because his child was given the all clear reasonably quick but they won't let his wife come. So from all this it really is a testing time for anyone in this situation but in your case i do think you need to do some groundwork here first and then let your fiancee help you..........and she will.

Basically it comes down to the question of "Do you have the means to live in the Philippines?) and if not then i suggest you need to get things in order here FIRST, get your girl here and let her help and plan your life together.

Best of luck mate, hope it all works out for you.

• Like 1

Adventurer
Posted
Posted
Irregardless it seems you will need to find something soon. Selling everything an moving back is not a good option.
Hey mate, if i was you i wouldn't be selling anything off just yet. I would say you should take a job, any kind of job it doesn't matter, hang onto your property and then get your girl here quicksmart

Yeah this is right, better to hold on to my assets and that is something I have been thinking about over the last few days and to start working. It might be hard to buy a property again in the future if I sell it as my savings will need 2 years of solid inome for banks to even look at it again. At least if I hold onto the property it gives me a valuable asset to leverage, use or sit on. Plus once I pay more of the loan off it will be a good income earner as it's nearly positive now...

USA, better he fly to Mexico and walk across.

it's similar here, better to get on a boat, you will get immediate attention and processing...

Mate, i know from experience (i have a friend going through it right now) that the spouse visa can be a pain in the arse

it might have been a good thing then to have not got married there, we came close, got Cenomar and were about to send for CNI but I then came back instead ...

I don't have any recent knowledge (first hand) with the fiancee visa but i'm sure it ALWAYS was the quickest and easiest visa to get, certainly less than 3 months.

That sounds good and I will do some research over the next few days on some local immigration and visa specific forums I know of to get more details... I guess I will need her to get a passport sorted out soon but I will find all about that with some research....

Even if you go back to live there as you say for a while. what are you going to do for income? and then if you do get married you may encounter even more hassles trying to get her here.

Well the plan is to get my Internet business running better, I'm sure that will happen as I have some things I'm working on that look positive and I got a couple of sales yesterday so that also gave me a boost in confidence. But the reality is that I need to get some income streaming in now so I will get out on Monday looking for jobs and work on my resume over the weekend. I would much rather bring her here than go back there at this stage because I can work here along with running my Internet business, over there I have to rely on the Internet business and it has been unpredictable in the past.

So from all this it really is a testing time for anyone in this situation but in your case i do think you need to do some groundwork here first and then let your fiancee help you..........and she will.

Yeah, I need to be here to get my life sorted out so we can have a future. As for my fiancee helping, well I do think some Filipino women could be good at doing these sorts of things but honestly my fiancee is not that good with any things like paper work, computers etc etc. She is good at other things but she is only young with just high school education and will not be much help when it comes to getting the visa. But she has been keeping a folder for us as I asked her to so we can keep records of receipts for when we rented together etc, plus all the usual documentation of email, sms, phone, letters, photos etc that we will keep for when needed.

Best of luck mate, hope it all works out for you.

thanks mate, your feedback has been valuable as has the other members. I does help me put it all into perspective and to work out what I need to do.

• Like 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

You do know that you do not have to be the sponsor? A family member can be the sponsor and would probably have to put up a bond for 2 years. This is done through Centerlink. Best you get a job first as no matter what you need an income.

• Like 1

Adventurer
Posted
Posted (edited)

You do know that you do not have to be the sponsor? A family member can be the sponsor and would probably have to put up a bond for 2 years. This is done through Centerlink. Best you get a job first as no matter what you need an income.

Well I don't have any family besides my elderly mother not in Aus and a couple of siblings that I dont have much contact with. Good to know though for others who are in the same boat. My fiancee is my family :) Edited by Adventurer
  • Like 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

Well I don't have any family besides my elderly mother not in Aus and a couple of siblings that I dont have much contact with. Good to know though for others who are in the same boat. My fiancee is my family :)

Friends, boss or prime minister will do , makes no difference. Family was probably the wrong word to use. :thumbsup:

• Like 1