Holy Week When Cebu Pretty Much Comes To A Standstill

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted

Holy week when Cebu pretty much comes to a standstill Well it has already been one year since we saw Holy Week when my friend Dave was visiting and my wife and I showed him around Cebu. We walked to Robinsons mall and of course it was closed and it was actually strange to see no cars, jeepneys or traffic of any kind on the road, and I thought to myself, self this place could really be paradise if only it could be like this all the time but with some cars on the road, and that brought back visions of Laguna San Pablo Luzon to us where there are no taxis and few jeepneys running because they sit and wait until they are full or almost full before they do their routes. I hopeCebu takes a hint from them and cuts back on all the pollution belching jeepneys someday soon.Ahhh, fresh air, as I breath outside on our patio and nearly not a car to be seen running on Escario street.

post-40-1239253443_thumb.jpg

post-40-1239253531_thumb.jpg

post-40-1239253651_thumb.jpg

post-40-1239253749_thumb.jpg

post-40-1239253832_thumb.jpg

post-40-1239253979_thumb.jpg

post-40-1239254061_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 years later...
Mugs
Posted
Posted

wow totally empty streets that is cool.

• 3 weeks later...
i am bob
Posted
Posted

Almost scary!

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted

Man that sure is different than when I was there at Christmas. Yeah, almost scary.

Garpo
Posted
Posted

It is not just Cebu. It is the entire country that shuts down for Holly week. If you are here for the first time then be prepared to see some crazy stuff.