Custom Fees When Moving Permanently?

Thomas
Posted
Posted

Perhaps worth an own topic, because some get supprised/shocked when having to pay custom fee

or even high punishment fees when fail get products with custom fees through without paying,

while others get through without paying any such fee by sending BB boxes by luck/or it isn't no fee at what they are sending.

Advices have been told in other topics about how to reduce the risk to have to pay custom fee

but what do the custom fee rules say about moving our personal things too, when we move to the Philippines?

(Compare Thailand: Within specific months after geting some types of VISA, most types of things, from the earlier home, can be moved without custom fee. (Not cars.)

earthdome
Posted
Posted

If you get an SRRV retirement VISA you can bring the equivalent of $7000 USD worth of goods in customs free. The Classic SRRV VISA for those over 50 require that you maintain $10,000 USD in a special bank account. Here is a link to information on the SRRV: http://www.pra.gov.ph/main/srrv_program?page=1

• Like 2

Thomas
Posted
Posted

If you get an SRRV retirement VISA you can bring the equivalent of $7000 USD worth of goods in customs free. The Classic SRRV VISA for those over 50 require that you maintain $10,000 USD in a special bank account. Here is a link to information on the SRRV: http://www.pra.gov.p..._program?page=1

Thank you.

But I will probably aim at geting some other type of long time VISA, I will probably not retire in many years yet.

(I don't find it nice to have to deposit 10 000 USD plus 15 000 USD per additional dependand person more than the wife . That can be millions... :boohoo: :)

Okieboy
Posted
Posted

CUSTOMS REGULATIONS

• Temporary visitors are allowed to bring household goods, personal effects and vehicles provided they file a re-export bond good for six months or pay the levied Customs duties/taxes
  • For immigrant/permanent resident, all used household goods and personal effects are allowed full tax and duty-free entry on one shipment (air or sea)
  • Non-resident/retiree (first time to settle), all used household goods and personal effects not exceeding U.S. $7,800 are allowed entry tax and duty-free

better check it out this may not be current

Thomas
Posted
Posted
For immigrant/permanent resident, all used household goods and personal effects are allowed full tax and duty-free entry on one shipment (air or sea)

Thank you.

I had plan to move 30 + 7 kg each time I visit Sweden, to reduce transport costs* :)

but because of the one time rule I perhaps better share a container with some friends, if they follow me moving.

( * Perhaps compleeted with a few BB-boxes in the beginning if I want some things faster than when I will visit Sweden once a year, but if ship many BB boxes, it will be much totaly. If the BB box transport companies send whole containers, I can perhaps make a deal with them, geting a part of their container, then I can send some things, which don't suit the BB size system, for less cost than sending irregular sized goods.)

i am bob
Posted
Posted

Thomas, there are so many variables on the costs and what you can and cannot do dependent on the type of Visa you obtain. Perhaps you should investigate that first so you can get a better answer for this question.

Thomas
Posted
Posted

Thomas, there are so many variables on the costs and what you can and cannot do dependent on the type of Visa you obtain. Perhaps you should investigate that first so you can get a better answer for this question.

Well. I have checked some, but haven't decided yet, because there are several variables, of which free custom is one variable :)

but it's much smaller than which is best in the long run.

• Like 1