China Website Censorship & Plagiarism

JJReyes
Posted
Posted

Tom, the moderator and owner of this forum, designed three new websites for me in 2012. Two of them include programs letting you know the number of page views, the geographic location of the viewer, etc. Early web viewers were from Mainland China. I told a friend, who is a computer security expert, about it. He started laughing his head off.

He said that the early web viewers were more likely Chinese censors. They will determine whether or not to ban your website(s). If the website includes any sort of technical information, such as new equipment for use by a food processing plant, the website will get hits from all over China. That's their commercial industry intelligence network. The purpose is to copy the equipment and sell it cheaper. Apparently, it is so sophisticated that a Paris fashion show is still on going while rip-off designs are already being manufactured by factories in China.

• Like 4

Jake
Posted
Posted

Tom, the moderator and owner of this forum, designed three new websites for me in 2012. Two of them include programs letting you know the number of page views, the geographic location of the viewer, etc. Early web viewers were from Mainland China. I told a friend, who is a computer security expert, about it. He started laughing his head off.

He said that the early web viewers were more likely Chinese censors. They will determine whether or not to ban your website(s). If the website includes any sort of technical information, such as new equipment for use by a food processing plant, the website will get hits from all over China. That's their commercial industry intelligence network. The purpose is to copy the equipment and sell it cheaper. Apparently, it is so sophisticated that a Paris fashion show is still on going while rip-off designs are already being manufactured by factories in China.

Excellent post JJR! Well, so much for proprietary agreements and patent rights. Reverse engineering and

plagiarism is the new world order among civilized nations.....he, he.

• Like 1

i am bob
Posted
Posted

I've noticed a few stores are now starting to refuse to carry products labelled as "Made in China" so that the stores can claim that they are carrying quality and not knock-offs. Of course the price is also reflecting this.

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

Most likely what your seeing is bots, Chinese search engines just like Google. Baiud I think if spelled correctly is one.

• Like 1

i am bob
Posted
Posted

That would be Baidu, sir! The main PROC Searchbot!

There are also Sogou and Youdau to watch out for also - more PROC Searchbots.

Lovely little spiders that need to be stepped on.

Curley
Posted
Posted
The purpose is to copy the equipment and sell it cheaper. Apparently, it is so sophisticated that a Paris fashion show is still on going while rip-off designs are already being manufactured by factories in China.

One of my clients who makes and sells high end fashion shoes in unusal clours and designs had to stop displaying images of the shoes on their website as they were being copied and offered at much cheaper prices.

• Like 1

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

chinese-cyber-police.jpg

We are watching.

• Like 2

Call me bubba
Posted
Posted

chinese-cyber-police.jpg

We are watching.

yes they are watching just as Forum support :emostrongbow:

• Like 2

i am bob
Posted
Posted

chinese-cyber-police.jpg

We are watching.

yes they are watching just as Forum support :emostrongbow:

We saw that....

:mocking:

• Like 1

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

Yep, that cold glass of beer has my full attention.

• Like 1