Jjr's Feeding

Call me bubba
Posted
Posted (edited)
My vote is to remove him

my vote is agreeable to you BUT, if their was a way before he was "removed"...........

is to make certain that his SSS was paid/contributed to the point , that he was "vested"...

could she/the child would some type of security to provide for.

The government will investigate but needs the mother to 'bring a case' which costs money that she does not have

bruce or others that may know

, what "fee" or payment is required for the government to investigate this crime.??

I have heard before that in order to get "justice" that 1 must pay.

Edited by Pittman apartments Sgn
  • Like 1

Bruce
Posted
Posted (edited)
My vote is to remove him

my vote is agreeable to you BUT, if their was a way before he was "removed"...........

is to make certain that his SSS was paid/contributed to the point , that he was "vested"...

could she/the child would some type of security to provide for.

The government will investigate but needs the mother to 'bring a case' which costs money that she does not have

bruce or others that may know

, what "fee" or payment is required for the government to investigate this crime.??

I have heard before that in order to get "justice" that 1 must pay.

The SSS system in Phils is a game. Many retire and find they get 1,000p a month! And that is cut off frequently as the program runs low on cash and then starts cutting people off and making them come it to restart their checks. I have never heard about any benefits for children et al like in the US. Most all the self employed and many of the steady employeed are NOT a part of the SSS system. Many have money deducted from their pay, only to find out that the money is never actually paid into the system.

As for money to have the man arrested, a 'case' must be filed. Perhaps in Manila the government, in a effort to appease the US and their stupid sex trafficing issues, an arrest may be made. But out on Samar, the local government does not want any costs for feeding the inmates so they DON'T! Families show up every day to feed their arrested family members. Bare minimum is spent on those with no families to support them in jail.

So the local police are reluctant to do anything unless it is a bad crime or a high profile case or someone important was harmed.

Now, you did not hear this from me, OK?, But there are people calling themselves the NPA who, out on Samar have been known to step in and help out the overloaded police. However, sex with a 14 yr old is not a real issue there as they all grew up with the locals getting married at 14 to 15 in past years. Only recently and only after the threat of the US stopping fundings, has the Phils government started to enforce the (new) law about 18 being the age of consent.

The reality is that I am not sure there is any real 'penalty' for a local drunk pedicab driver / squatter person. He may be arrested and sit in jail for several months, but that costs someone to feed him and then a much as a louse he is, he does provide some money for the family. So by arresting him, no one wins. With out money... either to have him arrested and then to replace the lost income, I do not see anything happening.

I am more concerned about the verbal intimadition he used (uses?) to get the girl to comply. Sex locally in the squatter community with a 14 year old is not an issue for them. So I am not going to impose my opinion on them, however, if I was there, I might do something via a friend of a friend of a friend who knows someone with the Pinoy name of the English translation of Broke Nose Tony to pay 'dad' a visit. I will take a closer look when I arrive this spring.

Edited by Bruce
  • Like 4

Jake
Posted
Posted (edited)

Hello Bruce,

I am more concerned about the verbal intimadition he used (uses?) to get the girl to comply. Sex locally in the squatter community with a 14 year old is not an issue for them. So I am not going to impose my opinion on them, however, if I was there, I might do something via a friend of a friend of a friend who knows someone with the Pinoy name of the English translation of Broke Nose Tony to pay 'dad' a visit

It's a sad story and unfortunately this same sad story is repeated a million times throughout the Philippines.

In many ways, the law of the jungle prevails by using other means necessary. Often times however, using

the services of the NPA must be paid back as a serious debt of gratitude called utang na loob.

Be safe out there sir -- Jake

Edited by Jake
added utang na loob
  • Like 2

JJReyes
Posted
Posted

I need additional information on rice. My recollection is the diet of poor families consists of two small dried salty fish, one sour tomator and a mount of rice. Assuming a typical family consists of two adults and two children (which is not in the Philippines), how long will 10 kilos of rice last? Putting it another way, would 10 kilos of rice be sufficient to feed a family of four for one month?

• 3 weeks later...
Call me bubba
Posted
Posted

The government will investigate but needs the mother to 'bring a case' which costs money that she does not have.

If the step father is removed and sent to jail, then the family looses what little income he does provide. So nothing changes

found a article that discusses the legal system on such cases

“Prosecution”

While there are laws protecting children from abuses and where rape and
sexual assault have been categorized as a heinous crimes, a big percentage (19
percent) of the cases, records showed, were amicably settled and 17 percent were
not filed with the authorities.

More than half (59 percent) of the perpetrators are free and are not facing
any liability while 8 percent are at large, though 33 percent are in jail.

http://www.philstar.com/nation/2013/02/06/905610/benguet-address-child-rape-cases-province

Bruce
Posted
Posted

Last I heard, the grandparents have taken the girl in for the time being..... If I hear more, I will let you guys know.

• Like 1