Living In The Phils

stevewool
Posted
Posted

right why are you still in the phils, i say the phils because some may live everywhere not just around cebu,most of the people you know have gone back to the place they came from for what ever reason, but you are still there, is it because you are rich and you can stay there ,or work ,family or other commitments,some say you have to have this amount to live and its hard sometimes but you are still there, so there must be something that makes you stay, after reading what some people have said about how crap the phils is , well maybe it is to them but to others its the best thing since slice toast, we all have own own little dreams to what we like and try to achieve or adapt too, i think that could be a problem some cannot adapt or will not adapt to different situations

• Like 1

Okieboy
Posted
Posted (edited)

most expats i know go back because the wife wants to go to USA or their country, i have a friend a retired Marine Captain who is leaving to the USA with his wife because she wants to see life in the USA, he can afford it and why not they can always come back and if they stay 5 years she can draw on his social security , very few leave because they cannot afford living here, most find that out in the first year, it is the woman who think they can work and send money to the family in the Phil.,,

Edited by Okieboy
  • Like 2

Call me bubba
Posted
Posted
if they stay 5 years she can draw on his social security ,

Could you be more in depth about this? that if "she/they stay 5yrs" she can draw on his US SS.

(i am sure in past topic or post this was discuss, tho just now I am not able to locate it)

i am bob
Posted
Posted

I don't have time to look for that one right now but if someone could? Or maybe start a new line so we can keep this one on track please!