Forex Box Shipping

Bruce
Posted
Posted

I called the local Forex guy in South Florida to stop by and drop off some boxes for me. He came by with LBC boxes. Says he switched companies.

What I hear about LBC is not good. JJ Reyes in Hawaii shipped 2 boxes out to Samar for my charity at different times. Took longer from Hawaii to reach Samar than Forex boxes took from Florida.

Anyone in South Florida have anything to say about LBC or another shipper (from South FLorida)?

I have heard horror stories about some shippers not sending Christmas cards to the customs offices and their boxes are 'delayed' for some strange reason.

Mike S
Posted
Posted

Bruce I used South Atlantic Cargo but they are out of Winterheaven and had to take it to them ..... it is a Pinoy grocery store ..... but it took 3 months total .... as they hold till they get a load ....

• Like 1

Bruce
Posted
Posted

Bruce I used South Atlantic Cargo but they are out of Winterheaven and had to take it to them ..... it is a Pinoy grocery store ..... but it took 3 months total .... as they hold till they get a load ....

That is exactly what I do not like. Eventhough I am not shipping anything perishable, I do not want it sitting around just becase the shipper is too small to be able to fill and ship a container in a timely fashion.

• Like 1

i am bob
Posted
Posted

The only way to avoid that is to find a larger and busier company or find some of the smaller companies that share the sea containers - and I doubt that many of them do that.

bootleultras
Posted
Posted

Try going down to Miami if you have time and go on Flagler street close by the port area, there are lots of filipino stores there & if im not wrong I believe the majority use Forex to ship, they were always my only choice when I was over there and I never had an issue with then

• Like 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
Anyone in South Florida have anything to say about LBC or another shipper (from South FLorida)?

I can't comment on South Florida but I would like to know what is possible down there, as I will probably be there sometime this year and might ship a box.

Maybe this is useful information. From Southern California I shipped 2 boxes on LBC and 2 boxes on Forex, sending the LBC 1 day before Forex. LBC shipped on Oct 16 arrived in Laguna on Nov. 16. Forex shipped on Oct. 17 arrived on Nov 26th. I was happy with the transit for both and both arrived without damages (I think!).

From Los Angeles LBC was cheaper at $55 a box inc. pickup. They were the more professional of the two. When they arrive they seal the boxes with their heavy tape in front of you, and you sign the seal.

The reason for using both is that LBC is very restrictive on contents. I asked about golf clubs and bicycles, and they said no way. Forex said no problem, so I sent my golf clubs and 1 normal box with them. Forex was $60 or $65 (can't remember which) per box with me taking it to them.

I sent 8 boxes with Forex from Cincinnati and they all arrived on time and without issues. $85 per box with me dropping to them. I still have 7 more boxes in Cincinnati that I will ship in a few months with Forex.

I could not find a Cincinnati Forex agent on their website, but when I e-mailed, they told me of one. If you have not done so, contact the main office and they might be able to point you to another agent.

Hope this is a little helpful!

• Like 1

Bruce
Posted
Posted

Well I do not like the idea of LBC sealing the box after checking the contents. While I do not ship anything illegal, I pack and repack and add and repack until I get the best use for the space I can. I then seal with a special aluminum tape used for AC ducts beause I know that 'they' do not have such a tape and can not get into the box and then simply reseal with tape they do have if it matches the tape on the box. I sometimes ship multiple boxes and have no desire to wait around while their emplouyees check every box. SO I guess I will ship with Forex as I have done before.

• Like 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

Well I do not like the idea of LBC sealing the box after checking the contents. While I do not ship anything illegal, I pack and repack and add and repack until I get the best use for the space I can. I then seal with a special aluminum tape used for AC ducts beause I know that 'they' do not have such a tape and can not get into the box and then simply reseal with tape they do have if it matches the tape on the box. I sometimes ship multiple boxes and have no desire to wait around while their emplouyees check every box. SO I guess I will ship with Forex as I have done before.

Bruce, sorry, I guess my words came out wrong! Let me clarify!

LBC did not open the boxes. I packed and sealed the boxes very well with 3M Heavy Duty tape over strapping tape. The pickup driver just put their tape over my tape for a final seal along with a sticker that you sign. And, their tape was very good! A very thick plastic that was about 4-6 inches wide and they put it over all the corners and seams. I was impressed!

• Like 1

Bruce
Posted
Posted

I will stick with Forex if I can find a new rep.

• Like 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

OK, I just wanted to make sure I wasn't misleading you! Forex is highly recommended by many members here including me.

• Like 2