From 13A To Tourist - Advice Requested

Shol
Posted
Posted

Hello this forum really helped me out a bit ago as I was trying to determine the best course of action for my situation which is where I

am splitting up with my wife in the middle of my probationary which is a shame but a fact of life. I am in the process of annulment now ETA is probably

within 2 years sometime hopefully sooner.

However I am going to live/work here until that time at least for now and will be doing so legally and was wondering when I go into the BOI or whatever to

tell them my story is there any best approach ? I have considered some of the other visas but I am sure they might be asking me questions on what happened would

I tell them that we just have split up, and perhaps there is something they can do to assist etc.

I will potentially be working for some foreign companies soon however until then I am just looking for advice on this very unfortunate but realistic for me turn of events since I was never able to obtain the permanent 13A visa at this point.

Any advice on the best approach would be great just trying to figure out if there will be complicaitons going from this probationary back to tourist or if there is another option and what I should say in there as it's a bit embarrassing.

Thanks.

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

Tough one

Opinion only and have no idea of the legal side of things but since the annulment will take two years then you are still married and entitled to the 13A. Anyone think any different? Maybe a work visa once you are working for these company's?

Paul Whiteway may have better ideas but I think he is in the UK visiting his mother at the moment but he might answer an Email, http://www.cebuexpatservices.com/

• Like 2

brock
Posted
Posted

If you dont want to wait 2 years for an annulment, Go back to your home country and get a divorce, But you are still entitled to the 13A all the time you are still married.

• Like 1

Shol
Posted
Posted

Well the thing is as per advice on here before, my wife will not support me for this and I have already paid for the annulment as I am a resident here and to get a divorce in Canada requires me to be a resident there for at least a year.

In order for me to even go and apply for that one I would need her support, and presence at a hearing and people on here before said that it would be considered a sham marriage - I don't want to end up in jail. I was contemplating going into immigration and maybe asking them for advice, help but am worried they might even deport me lol. (Although I have been a perfect resident and worker here for 5 years+)

Im am fine applying for the tourist and when the work things go through they can help at at that point just want to make sure that the transition is smooth and everything is ok.

Appreciate the responses.

If you dont want to wait 2 years for an annulment, Go back to your home country and get a divorce, But you are still entitled to the 13A all the time you are still married.

• Like 1

Call me bubba
Posted
Posted

Well the thing is as per advice on here before, my wife will not support me for this and I have already paid for the annulment as I am a resident here and to get a divorce in Canada requires me to be a resident there for at least a year.

In order for me to even go and apply for that one I would need her support, and presence at a hearing and people on here before said that it would be considered a sham marriage - I don't want to end up in jail. I was contemplating going into immigration and maybe asking them for advice, help but am worried they might even deport me lol. (Although I have been a perfect resident and worker here for 5 years+)

Im am fine applying for the tourist and when the work things go through they can help at at that point just want to make sure that the transition is smooth and everything is ok.

at least inquire w/them, I am sure they have experience that can help in your situation

they have been discussed before(on this forum) about helping someone

The F.A.C. (Foreign Assistance Center Philippines) Office is the first in the Philippines of its sort. The F.A.C. provide all legal residing Foreigners, Retirees, Guests and Investors with their given Rights under the Philippine Laws specifically Immigration Law.

We advise, inform or process any necessary Court Procedure to prevent our client from any unlawful Influence or harmful Judgment of the Court.

The F.A.C. to make sure, that nobody will fall into the corrupt hand. This statement based upon our Successes for more Security to all Tourist, Retirees and Investors in the Philippines.

Together with the Philippine Retirement Authority and the Bureau of Immigration to present RESPONSIBILITY on both sides, that more Retirees and Investors feel that the Philippines is a save Haven to create our Economic Development under the Presidential Program including of the accredited Embassies

http://www.foreign-assistance-center.com/

• Like 3

Shol
Posted
Posted

Thanks will check it out appears to be like a pay thing though just have a few extra questions.. but will definitely check it out!

earthdome
Posted
Posted

at least inquire w/them, I am sure they have experience that can help in your situation

they have been discussed before(on this forum) about helping someone

The F.A.C. (Foreign Assistance Center Philippines) Office is the first in the Philippines of its sort. The F.A.C. provide all legal residing Foreigners, Retirees, Guests and Investors with their given Rights under the Philippine Laws specifically Immigration Law.

We advise, inform or process any necessary Court Procedure to prevent our client from any unlawful Influence or harmful Judgment of the Court.

The F.A.C. to make sure, that nobody will fall into the corrupt hand. This statement based upon our Successes for more Security to all Tourist, Retirees and Investors in the Philippines.

Together with the Philippine Retirement Authority and the Bureau of Immigration to present RESPONSIBILITY on both sides, that more Retirees and Investors feel that the Philippines is a save Haven to create our Economic Development under the Presidential Program including of the accredited Embassies

http://www.foreign-a...nce-center.com/

I recently became a member of FAC. Costs $100 USD per year plus a one time $50 registration fee. I did this to thank the principal Mr. Lehnert for all his work helping foreigners and as an insurance policy just in case something happens. Mr. Lehnert called me after I signed up so we could talk and he could answer any questions I had. I was busy at the time so we only had a brief conversation.

• Like 2

Steve & Myrlita
Posted
Posted

Since you are a prob 13A, the 13A will expire after the 1 yr period because your wife needs to apply and produce a letter of request to change your prob to perm. If this does not happen, your visa will default back to 9A.

• Like 3

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
your visa will default back to 9A.

Shol my friend, Should this happen and Steve is not often wrong, on the subject of the 13a non Quota Visa, you will have some additional problems I fear with working, the one thing you cant do on a 9a is work. i think a visit very soon to the BOI, is important, both for the current situation and for what ever. the future holds for you.

Best of luck my friend.

Maybe, you could keep us posted on the results and updates, ( if you feel up to it, in the circumstances) I am sure, there could be many other questions, answered here. Questions maybe, we don't know, are there yet! :unsure:

:tiphat:

• Like 1