Eggs

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

Just thinking to my self,do they have easter eggs in the Philippines? I have never been there at this time of year so theres my question of the day. Please don't all answer at once :23_11_60[2]:

Markham
Posted
Posted
Just thinking to my self,do they have easter eggs in the Philippines? I have never been there at this time of year so theres my question of the day. Please don't all answer at once :23_11_60[2]:
I've not seen any at all. Not even in places that cater to foreigners.

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted
Chi ate them all in the form of balut before they made it to the stores. SugarwareZ-007.gif I know, I know, those are supposed to be duck eggs but they ran out of those, and then he ate the chicken eggs too! SugarwareZ-007.gif

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
Chi ate them all in the form of balut before they made it to the stores. SugarwareZ-007.gif I know, I know, those are supposed to be duck eggs but they ran out of those, and then he ate the chicken eggs too! SugarwareZ-007.gif
Ha, I was thinking of the chocolate ones that the easter bunny, er ,um lays :23_11_60[2]:

Mike S
Posted
Posted

Just asked the boss (no not you Bossman) and she said that the wealthy or well to do have Easter egg huts and eat those poor little chocolate Easter bunnies but the poor don't celebrate that way ..... and I haven't seen any in the stores ... but then I wasn't looking ...... nothing like the states where the Easter goodies fall down on you from the shelves at the local Walmart ......

TheMason
    Posted
    Posted

My wife's family has similar customs for Easter as in the US. They have an Easter egg hunt, but do not do Easter baskets. Sometimes the eggs are real hardboiled eggs that are colored or decorated in some way. Sometimes they are plastic eggs with small toys or gifts in them. Chocolate bunnies and peeps are unknown to her. It's also common to have a big Easter dinner, but her family doesn't do lamb as is common in the US.My wife comes from a moderately poor family on Luzon. Maybe Easter customs are as different up north as so many other things are.

Jollygoodfellow
    Posted
    Posted
    My wife's family has similar customs for Easter as in the US. They have an Easter egg hunt, but do not do Easter baskets. Sometimes the eggs are real hardboiled eggs that are colored or decorated in some way. Sometimes they are plastic eggs with small toys or gifts in them. Chocolate bunnies and peeps are unknown to her. It's also common to have a big Easter dinner, but her family doesn't do lamb as is common in the US.My wife comes from a moderately poor family on Luzon. Maybe Easter customs are as different up north as so many other things are.
    I asked my wife last night if they have chocolate easter eggs there in Zamboanga,she says she has never heard of it. I ate her share of the easter egg while on web cam last night :th_thholysheep: