Camping In The Phils

stevewool
Posted
Posted

has anyone done this and can it be done, if you have a secure lot what is there to stop you putting up a tent and live like that, i am not on about a little tent but a large tent with separate sleeping quarters and living quarters, plus all the usualy stuff you have for long term camping, i know most will say you will be robbed but if you had a place inside someones land, a little corner with electric and water, could it be done , would you do it too, just to sample outdoor living

• Like 1

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted

I plan on camping there. I am shipping some of my camping gear with my household goods.

• Like 2

i am bob
Posted
Posted

has anyone done this and can it be done, if you have a secure lot what is there to stop you putting up a tent and live like that, i am not on about a little tent but a large tent with separate sleeping quarters and living quarters, plus all the usualy stuff you have for long term camping, i know most will say you will be robbed but if you had a place inside someones land, a little corner with electric and water, could it be done , would you do it too, just to sample outdoor living

It's not a bad idea but I think I would rather have a Nipa Hut for the rainy season - not only would the canvas always be wet and messy inside but the rain water running under my pillow at night would keep me awake.

:mocking:

stevewool
Posted
Posted

thanks guys for the nice replies, a nippa hut or some sort of building would be needed for shelter or just somewhere for shade, but we all think off outside cooking and eating, and somewhere cool to sleep, most know i would like panglao or bohol, but i was just thinking of this way, a friend has this tent with all the things you need for camping, and it all the best stuff, so that got me wondering about doing it over there

• Like 1

i am bob
Posted
Posted

Ah! For some strange reason I thought you meant as a full time residence!

Camping would be great! We had another series on here talking about camping... In a bit of a rush tonight but if I have time I'll see if I can find it for you.

Bigdog
Posted
Posted

Lots of people here on permenent camping trips...usually refered to as "squatters"....

• Like 2

Bruce
Posted
Posted

In a word ..... NO!

I was but a lad of 17 when I enlisted! I learned a new word. Bivouacking which is a fancy word for CAMPING. I also was taught, that... and I am quoting here.....

That when it comes to rain.... 'S**T don't melt in the rain, trainee, so get your ass out there!"

Ever since my 'separation from the service', I have done all my camping at The Holiday F*****G INN! or similar establishment with heating or cooling depending upon the season and a nice Hot Shower!

Philippines included.........

• Like 4

JJReyes
Posted
Posted
thanks guys for the nice replies, a nippa hut or some sort of building would be needed for shelter or just somewhere for shade, but we all think off outside cooking and eating, and somewhere cool to sleep, most know i would like panglao or bohol, but i was just thinking of this way, a friend has this tent with all the things you need for camping, and it all the best stuff, so that got me wondering about doing it over there

A nipa hut in Panglao or Bohol should cost you less than P50,000. That includes a small gas stove with two burners. The water faucet is attached to a garden hose. No toilet, but you can ask the capenters for an eco-san (ecological sanitation unit). It looks like a deluxe outhouse. When you are ready to move elsewhere, give beer money to a dozen men. They will load the nipa hut in a truck. You just take it to the next location.

• Like 2

brock
Posted
Posted

If its a good price Steve I might be interested in it for later in the year, cos I might be needing one, lol

• Like 1