Postpaid Phone Plan Recommendations

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

I'm tired of buying loads and trying to manage them all the time. I'm also in the market for a new phone as the cheap one I bought for a quick need is not working out for me. I can't text well at all on the small virtual keyboard. I knew this would be an issue but I needed to get a phone quickly and didn't have time to really shop for my ideal phone.

So in a few weeks, after I get a bank statement, I would like to get a postpaid phone plan and hopefully get a good phone with it for cheap. Does anyone have some good or bad experiences to share with postpaid plans? Hopefully I can find one with unlimited domestic calls and text, and UNLIMITED data? Not sure what they have here for data plans as I have not looked into it yet.

For a phone, I have to have a tactile QWERTY keyboard, so I might be looking at Blackberry form factor but I don't want a Blackberry. There was a high end Nokia with a slider horizontal keyboard and a great camera, but it was very expensive, and it might be discontinued now. I like the horizontal slider keyboards but most companies have phased them out.

Can the postpaid phones be dual SIM?

Appreciate any advice!

• Like 1

Bruce
Posted
Posted

Well, in the US, on Ebay.com (you can search ebay.ph too) there are 2 sim card (dual) and 3 sim card phones with open line from the factory. Called BLU.

So search for Blu cell phone and see them. Querty and other types of boards. Starting for (in US) $24.95. I think they are made in China but I am not sure. If not available in Phils, maybe you can snag one from someone coming over to Phils for you.

• Like 2

Call me bubba
Posted
Posted

I have a SMART plan (since12/08) of 2php per minute for Smart-smart/TNT calls,1p for text,

the customer service,, well, slightly better than other businesses. Slightly..ok

i recall lately smart has some new(current)plan called "CALL ALL".

cant comment on SUN or GLOBE tho I read they do have some nice plans at the moment

since you have your ACR card that should help , as i used my TIN number for my account,

thou other forms of ID will work, SSS,driver's license. if they will not try asking your wife/partner/gf to establish the account,,

when you get your service/account could share your account opening experiences w/us..

• Like 2

Steve & Myrlita
Posted
Posted

I used to be on the Smart P800 w/ P2 / min but I finally switched over to Plann P599 unlimited calls & text for Smart/TNT to Smart/TNT. I will cost P1 per text & P7/min call to Globe or Sun. Since Smart recently bought Sunm it may eventually be included.

• Like 2

i am bob
Posted
Posted

I hadn't heard about Smart/PLDT buying Sun. Sun was the company that had the newspaper articles stating how they wanted their customer service to be known as the best and how they were working towards this.

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

Have you checked out the plans here, http://www1.smart.com.ph/corporate

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

Have you checked out the plans here, http://www1.smart.com.ph/corporate

Yes, I looked at all the websites a while back before getting my prepaid phone. I'm hoping hear how other people like their postpaid plans before I make a decision.

I have mixed feelings about SMART because because they give us the run around on our poor internet service. Everyone in the neighborhood has poor service with the various SMART internet services (canopy, Wimax and SMARTBRO) but they don't hesitate when selling it and telling you it will work well in your area. When you call, they tell you they will monitor it but I don't think they are really doing anything about it. The lady across the street is really upset because she can't chat with her internet boyfriends! :hystery: Right now I am using a SMARTBRO stick that works fine most of the time, but 15 minutes ago it was not. I am only using it because our SMART Wimax has become extremely unreliable since the first of the year. It works fine late at night and early morning, but rarely at other times.

However, I can't rule out getting a SMART postpaid phone plan. I will decide when the time comes.

i am bob
Posted
Posted

Usually, even though a phone and the internet work off of different signal types, they will be using the same antennas and repeaters.  If you have trouble with one, you more than likely will have trouble with the other.  The only way to know for sure is to talk to somebody else in that area who has the brand that you are looking at - or in this case if they use Smart.  Check with your neighbours also on how well they get reception with Globe as well as if anyone has Sun.  Even though Smart (PLDT) purchased Sun recently, Sun had their own network of towers in many areas and thus would have a different response.

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

Check with your neighbours also on how well they get reception with Globe as well as if anyone has Sun.

Yes, I should make another post on Subic Bay cell coverage and see if any members who live there can comment.  In the Subic Bay freeport zone hills, I did notice several big towers so I am GUESSING that they might have good coverage.

• Like 1