Sdr Apartments..whats The Real Scoop

wayneseymour
Posted
Posted

I have been away from the forum for almost 6 months.. :3_8_14[1]: but still working on my move to Cebu. Recently while surfing I :photo-109: came across ADs for SDR Apartment rentals especially ones on Mactan .. I like Mactan from what I have researched and was wondering if any members have more insight on the place as well as the deal with the SDR Apartments (checked on line and contacted the office)need a actual users thoughts , experiences or knowledge ..thinking of renting one for about a year to get my feel of the land before thinking of a home purchase. Any members have knowledge on the subject? Thanks for any and all input.

Call me bubba
Posted
Posted (edited)

do they have a LINK or web site that 1 can read about them??

also when your looking at a place,, Just dont visit once during the day,

,visit serveral times, odd hours. late at night. mid day, weekends. if possible walk around,, you can get a much better understanding of what your getting into than a quick 1 time visit before you sign that lease/

Edited by Pittman apartments Sgn
  • Like 1

Bruce
Posted
Posted

I looked into buying a condo / townhouse on Mactan 2 years ago. I was told about flooding in low lying areas, especially the closer you get to the actual sea and that the toilets back up due to flooded septic tanks when it rains a lot. I then stopped looking at Mactan. So I think the closer you are to the center of the island the better and remember the AIR PORT NOISE is also something to think about.

If you look in the outer areas at buildings, look for a water mark from past floods on fences and walls.

• Like 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

I stayed there for a month maybe 5 years ago. The apartments at the time and I would say not much would have changed were just buildings unfinished, shells. One building was maybe mostly completed. I think they did end up opening the bar a while back but before there was nothing there and been like it for years. The apartments were OK to live in, down a back street but if no taxis an employee would run down to the main road and come back in one.

I think there are better places to stay on Matcan but maybe things have changed since I was there.

post-1-0-85978700-1359161769_thumb.jpgpost-1-0-80388400-1359161793_thumb.jpgpost-1-0-17225700-1359161820_thumb.jpgpost-1-0-93773100-1359161843_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
Ynot
Posted
Posted

what is the rental on a 1 bedroom apartment with living room in Mactan island??

Must stay mactan island because gf works there

Ynot
Posted
Posted

can you obtain short term rentals, say 1 month near the mactan area and if so how much???

• 2 weeks later...
Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

what is the rental on a 1 bedroom apartment with living room in Mactan island??

Must stay mactan island because gf works there

can you obtain short term rentals, say 1 month near the mactan area and if so how much???

Sort of one of those how long is a piece of sting questions. Generally accommodation appears to be a bit cheaper than others areas in my opinion.

The SDR have monthly at a price, http://www.sdrapartments.com/rates-cebu-accommodation/