Half Decent Internet Connection For Argao ???

Fred & Mimi
Posted
Posted

Does anyone have any information in regards to a decent internet connection in Argao. I'm using a Globe dongle at the moment and the connection is attrocious. I would prefer using a dongle if possible but I'm open to any suggestions.

Thanks for that

MikeB
Posted
Posted

I use a Tattoo dongle as backup and it's actually not bad because there's a Globe cell tower in the middle of town. There's also a Sun tower. But a dedicated DSL connection is going to be far better then a 3g dongle. Both Globe and PLDT have DSL and land line phone services here. PLDT has an office in the market area, when I checked there were no available ports but that was over a year ago. I have Globe DSL and it is greatly improved in the year I've had it and cheaper then PLDT. There is a Globe sales office inside Gaisano in Carcar. There may be other providers but those are the 2 I'm aware of. Don't throw out the dongle, it's important to have a backup.    

• Like 3

Fred & Mimi
Posted
Posted

Both Globe and PLDT have DSL and land line phone services here.

Hi Mike, thanks for the info. You wouldn't now any comparisons between the dongles ie globe vs sun vs smart. I'm not really sure if I want to commit to a post paid account just yet.

MikeB
Posted
Posted

You wouldn't now any comparisons between the dongles ie globe vs sun vs smart. I'm not really sure if I want to commit to a post paid account just yet.

No, I've only used the Globe one and it's not bad for me. PLDT used to require a 2 year contract, I think Globe is a year from memory.

i am bob
Posted
Posted

To be honest, the only way to really test a dongle where you live is to try them - where you live.  If you know someone who has one, ask them if they can stop by for a beer while you try it out at your place.  If you have friends who have another company's dongle, get them to come by at the same time so you can compare which one works better at your house.  You may find one is really good, maybe even both or maybe none of them will work very good where you live because the signal is blocked or the antennae may be too far away..

There are tools out there that will measure the signal strength but access to these are kind of hard to get for the average person.