Super Bowl

Will
Posted
Posted

While I don't give a flip for either team playing in the Super Bowl this year,  I was wondering if any US expats may be planning a get together to watch the game "live"?  I have been seeing the commercial for it on Solar Sports, believe it comes on Monday, February 4th at 7:30am. I will prolly get up and watch it anyway... darned conditioning! 

• Like 1

GregZ
Posted
Posted

I'm in Manila with no plans that involve others NOW.  Planning on a private party; going to make chili, have some tortilla chips, and think about how good a beer would wash it down while I watch the game.  I'm rooting for the 49ers as they beat the Packers; that way I can claim 2d best. :hystery:

Neither one will change my bank account so it doesn't really matter.  THOSE commercials!!! They are as good as the game sometimes.  Think they will show them here?

I'll miss the 100 square pool this year. :unsure:   My tradition has me in OR running a $5 a square pool with 100% payout @ $125 per quarter.  :thumbsup:

MikeB
Posted
Posted

THOSE commercials!!! They are as good as the game sometimes.  Think they will show them here?

Good point. Unless you are watching the direct network feed (CBS this year) you will be seeing local commercials. I'll try this one again, worked pretty good last year but they are only offering low res for free now. It's still a lot better then the analog signal my cable service provides.

• Like 3

i am bob
Posted
Posted

A lot of the commercials are already on YouTube.  You would think that they would wait until the game at least ends before they are there but nooo...  Since I don't get the American commercials here in Canada, that suits me fine anyway...  hehe!

JJReyes
Posted
Posted (edited)

Interesting Super Bowl tidbit.

I went to Costco for my weekly grocery shopping at 11:00am on Saturday, one day before Super Bowl. There were so many people around the meat lockers, I couldn't get close. Chatting with the cashier about the number of shoppers preparing for the game, she commented that the morning crowd are families buying meat for their backyard barbecues. The big rush will occur later in the afternoon by those who are hosting parties. The reason is they are buying huge quantities of beer and ice. The host will place the beer and ice in large ice chests overnight for the big game. Meat buying changes from family packs to large slabs costing $100 to $200 each. They are too big for the refrigerator so the purchases occur late afternoon. The meat thaws out at room temperature overnight and it is ready for the barbecue by game time.   

Edited by JJReyes
  • Like 1

i am bob
Posted
Posted

THOSE commercials!!! They are as good as the game sometimes.  Think they will show them here?

Good point. Unless you are watching the direct network feed (CBS this year) you will be seeing local commercials. I'll try this one again, worked pretty good last year but they are only offering low res for free now. It's still a lot better then the analog signal my cable service provides.

Thanks MIke!  I signed up with the site and watched the game on my computer at home.  Now that was one game that was soooo frustrating!  Can you tell I was pulling for San Fran?  hehe!

• Like 1