American Sniper Hero/ex Navy Seal Chris Kyle Dead

Call me bubba
Posted
Posted (edited)

news that a TRUE american hero,

former NAVY SEAL, book author ,cowboy(hay he's from Texas)

& of course Humanitarian  has been killed

It was reported during his 4 or 5 tours(depending on which source you read)

that he had 150 or 150 plus confirmed KILLS.

in which allowed him to SAVE countless lives of his fellow soldiers.

and allowed those who sought to hurt or kill them  to enter the afterlife much sooner than they had planned on

now here is the story

STEPHENVILLE, Texas (AP) — Decorated Iraq war veteran Chris Kyle, a
former Navy SEAL and "American Sniper" author, was shot and killed at a
Central Texas gun range on Saturday. Here's the legacy he leaves behind:

NAVY RECORD

Kyle enlisted in the Navy in February 1999 and was
discharged on November 2009, military records show. During that time, he
served four tours in Iraq received 14 different awards and decorations,
including two Silver Stars, five Bronze Stars with Valor, and two Navy
and Marine Corps Achievement Medals.

"I didn't do it for the money or the awards. I did it
because I felt like it was something that needed to be done and it was
honorable. I loved the guys," Kyle told the Fort Worth Star-Telegram in

___

NICKNAMED 'THE DEVIL'

Kyle wrote a best-selling book published in January
2012 detailing his 150-plus kills of Iraqi insurgents from 1999 to 2009.
Kyle said in the book that insurgents had put a $20,000 bounty on his
head. The website for his security training company said the Iraqis
feared him so much they nicknamed him al-Shaitan, or "The Devil."

___

LOSS OF A HERO

Kyle's nonprofit, FITCO Cares, provides at-home fitness
equipment for emotionally and physically wounded veterans. On Sunday,
the organization's website read, "The Loss of a Hero," and said the
foundation "will always carry the torch" for the military men and women.

___

FAMILY MAN

Kyle was married to Taya Kyle and had two children.

___

FROM COWBOY TO SHARPSHOOTER

The Dallas Morning News said Kyle grew up in Texas and
spent much of his time riding horses and participating on the school
rodeo team. The Star Telegram said he tried to join the Navy in 1996 but
was rejected after a physical exam showed pins in his arm from a rodeo
injury. Three years later, he was working on a ranch in Colorado when
the Navy called and wanted to train him as a sniper.

___

DIALING LONG DISTANCE

Kyle said most of his sniper shots ranged from 200 to
1,200 yards, but that his longest kill was 1.2 miles — taking out an
insurgent aiming a rocket launcher at an approaching Army convoy. Kyle
said it was a credit to the technology of his ballistic computer. "I set
it up, I pulled the trigger and the guy went down," he said on Conan
O'Brien's talk show in February 2012.

___

NO REMORSE              

Kyle told Fox News' Bill O'Reilly in January 2012 that
he viewed his Iraqi victims as savages and didn't think of them as human
beings.

"They live by putting fear into other people's hearts and                  
civilized people just dont act that way" he said.

Kyle also said he
had NO REGRETS about the people he shot.

Asked by O'Reilly if he himself had any PTSD issues, Kyle said, "None of my problems come from the people I've killed."

___

TEXAS SHOOTOUT

Kyle created a security training company, Craft
International, after his discharge from the Navy.

http://www.wfaa.com/news/local/189581971.html

http://www.dallasnews.com/news/crime/headlines/20130203-chris-kyle-record-holding-sniper-as-navy-seal-killed-in-double-slaying-at-erath-county-gun-range.ece

i used the word HUMANITARIAN to describe him

,(both in uniform and after his service he was)

as the below item shows how he cared from his fellow soldiers

off the field  

"Apparently Mr. Kyle works with people that are suffering from some
issues that have been in the military and this shooter is possibly one
of those people, that he had taken out to the range to mentor, to visit
with, to help him, you know, that's all I can tell you," Erath County
Sheriff Tommy Bryant.

"Kind of have an idea that maybe that's why they were at the range, for
some type of therapy that Mr. Kyle assists people with, and I don't know
if it's called shooting therapy," Bryant said. "I don't have any idea

that's what little bit of information that we can gather so far..

http://abcnews.go.com/US/seal-chris-kyle-allegedly-killed-marine/story?id=18389238

Edited by Pittman apartments Sgn
  • Like 1

Will
Posted
Posted

Terrible news. Sounds like a heck of a good guy. I think I may have to find his book to read a little bit more about this true American hero.

• Like 1

• 10 months later...
Call me bubba
Posted
Posted

here is the latest update regarding the man who is accused of this death.

seems that PTSD will be part of his defense.

appears he does have some severe problems and I hope that he is given help and not a long term prison term

Dalworthington Gardens Police Chief Bill Waybourn plans to keep tabs on the capital murder trial of Iraq veteran Eddie Routh, the man accused of gunning down the U.S. military’s most lethal sniper,

Chris Kyle, and his friend at an Erath County gun range in February.

Routh sits in an Erath County jail cell in Stephenville awaiting trial,

which will likely begin early next year and draw national media attention.

Waybourn and Kyle were friends.

“I first got to know him back in ’09,” Waybourn said. “And we stayed friends. He planned to enter the police academy and become a rookie police officer in this department.”

Those plans were shattered on Feb. 2 when, authorities say, Routh, 26, killed Kyle and his friend Chad Littlefield at a gun range at Rough Creek Lodge, an upscale resort outside of Glen Rose.

No court date has been scheduled yet as defense attorneys continue to pour over hundreds of documents and photos detailing a slaying that shocked the country, particularly since Kyle, 38, and his friend, Littlefield, 35, had taken Routh to the gun range to help him with post traumatic stress disorder, or PTSD.

Routh was initially scheduled to go to trial on Oct. 21 in 266th District Court on a capital murder charge,

but a flurry of pre-trial motions filed by defense attorneys Shay Isham of Stephenville and Warren St. John of Fort Worth postponed the proceedings.

St. John told the court that the defense team was reviewing nearly 6,000 pages of discovery documents and crime scene photos.

“I expect that this will go early next year,” St. John said this week.

“We’ll be ready, but we just haven’t been given a date yet.”

From the first day he was booked into jail, Routh’s stay has been rocky. Jailers had to use a stun gun to subdue him when he became combative just hours after he was placed in his cell.

He’s been on suicide watch, refused to take his medications and declined to see his family or his attorneys.

In June, Routh shattered his television and flooded his cell.

His actions in jail and the testimony and evidence that will be presented in the case will be used by PTSD researchers for further study of the disorder, experts say.

“PTSD is a brain condition,” said the Rev. Rita Nakashima Brock, one of the co-directors at the Soul Repair Center at TCU’s Brite Divinity School. The program was established to understand, research and treat “moral injuries” suffered by veterans.

“At times, you may think you’re back in a war zone,” Brock said.

A history of mental problems

Area police reports documented Routh’s mental problems well before the Feb. 2 killings at the gun range, which is west of Glen Rose and about 80 miles southwest of Fort Worth.

On Jan. 19, Dallas police responded to a “major disturbance call” in the 7600 block of Churchill Way involving Routh and a 33-year-old woman that ended with the Iraq veteran being taken to Green Oaks Psychiatric Hospital for a mental health evaluation.

On Sept. 2, 2012, Lancaster police officers responded to a report of a “major disturbance” in the 200 block of West Sixth Street, where Routh was threatening to kill himself and family members. He had left the scene and Lancaster police found him walking nearby. He smelled of alcohol and “Eddie was emotional and crying,” according to the report.

Police also noted that Routh — who told police he was a Marine and suffering from PTSD —

was not wearing shoes or a shirt.

The Iraq veteran was taken to Green Oaks for a mental evaluation.

As her son’s condition worsened, Jodi Leigh Routh, Eddie Routh’s mother, reached out to Kyle and asked him to help.

That’s when Kyle and Littlefield decided to take Routh to the gun range as a form of therapy.

At some point, authorities say Routh shot both Kyle and Littlefield. An employee found Kyle and Littlefield and attempted cardio-pulmonary resuscitation on them, according to a felony warrant.

Several weapons, including semiautomatic rifles, semiautomatic handguns and revolvers, were found near the bodies.

After the shooting, Routh drove away from the range in Kyle’s truck and arrived at his sister and brother-in-law’s home in Midlothian and told them that he had killed two people, authorities said.

When questioned about the truck, Routh told his relatives that he had “traded his soul for a new truck,”

according to the warrant. Routh told his relatives that he wanted to go to Oklahoma to avoid Texas authorities, the warrant stated.

He then drove to his Lancaster home. At that location, authorities conversed with him, but he managed to get into a vehicle and led them on a pursuit before his vehicle was disabled and he was arrested.

While Routh’s mental condition will no doubt play a role in the upcoming trial, both Waybourn and Kyle’s widow, Taya, are skeptical about the PTSD claims.

“Other people with PTSD are able to function and get through life,” Waybourn said.

“I think an evil character comes out at times and you can always use some type of an excuse for why it came out.”

Taya Kyle, in an interview with KTVT-Channel 11, said that PTSD is not a justification for murder.

“They [those with PTSD] worked through their struggles, just like we work through our struggles. They are phenomenal people and it doesn’t change their character,” Taya Kyle said. “… You’re not going to blame someone else, in my opinion, when you murder two people in cold blood.”

‘He loved the vets’

Kyle had more than 150 confirmed sniper kills, the most in U.S. military history, which he racked up during four tours in Iraq. He was awarded two Silver Stars, five Bronze Stars for valor and two Navy and Marine Corps Achievement Medals.

After 10 years in the service, Kyle returned to Midlothian, where he lived in the Twin Creek development with his wife and their two children.

He helped create Craft International, a Dallas training and security company and also authored the best-selling book American Sniper, which documented his career.

His funeral, attended by an estimated 7,000, was held Feb. 11 at AT&T Stadium in Arlington and included bagpipers and emotional eulogies. The following day a procession took his body to the Texas State Cemetery in Austin, where he was buried.

Waybourn hopes that, in the end, Kyle is remembered as a hero.

“He loved the vets,” Waybourn said. “He reached out to every veteran and just wanted to help them.”

This report includes information from Star-Telegram archives and the Stephenville Empire-Tribune.

http://www.star-telegram.com/2013/12/19/5433051/war-veteran-awaits-trial-in-killing.html?rh=1

lonewolf
Posted
Posted

sounds like a man to go into indian country with wish inew him.