Education!

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

I think you took something out of context. This is a forum to discuss all aspects of the Philippines. Good bad or otherwise as that's how people learn about the subject of the Philippines. Everyone has different experiences so what might have been good for one may not have been for another. If we just posted every rosy thing but missed the bad points in life we might find out one day that we were deceived.

Yes some may be narrow minded or is it that they have had a different experience than another or maybe they have not had an experience at all but a forum is for pointing them in the right direction or giving an insight into reality of Philippines living .

There are negative points no matter where one lives in the world but because the subject of Philippines is what this forum is about than that's why the negatives about the Philippines tend to be posted here.

I am certain that all long term expats were a newbie once and most likely had many bumps along the way, if now they have grown accustomed to the Philippines way and love it then good but we are not going to silence anyone who has not reached that point or has a different view.

Why is this posted in Schools and Colleges forum? 

• Like 5

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

Why is this posted in Schools and Colleges forum? 

:morning1: Maybe Geoff has not, had his morning coffee yet :)

• Like 3

i am bob
Posted
Posted

To be honest, I can see both sides very easily.

As Tom wrote - this is a forum about the Philippines and our expat / Filipino experiences concerning the Philippines.  You can't have just the good but also the bad too.  This would not be a forum without the bad included but rather a sickly sweet love story penned about the Philippines.

On the other side, as Geoff wrote, there are some people writing about how bad everything is.  Nothing is good enough for them and they have no good words to input to this forum.  Put just their words together and we end up with an insult and a backhand slap to a country and it's people that we have come to love.  We need to balance what we are saying.  Not everything is all good or all bad.  And yes, that goes for when we post only the positive too.  There are always areas that newbies and professional expats will not be aware of.

I have seen this planet from far above and I know that it is not as people think - but rather a pretty blue ball.  Hey, you gotta go to Outer Space to get the marble effect - I was in a helicopter hovering over the middle of the ocean at 40 feet!  What do you expect?

:morning1:

• Like 3

Geoff Thomas
Posted
Posted

Just a quick question? how does one delete a post once its been posted? Not that I want to, but sometimes it may be better. 

• Like 1

MikeB
Posted
Posted

Just a quick question? how does one delete a post once its been posted? Not that I want to, but sometimes it may be better. 

You can't delete the entire post but you can edit and remove all text. If you want to request the post be deleted, either request in the thread or use the Report button at the bottom of the post.

• Like 1

• 7 months later...
jwb912
Posted
Posted

I know that ESL is taught by Americans in the Philippines. But, do they offer any online classes, and do they seek online facilitators for their classes. I have a MAED, that specializes in distance learning. Does anyone offer quality high speed internet access in the Philippines? Thanks....  Jimmy

• Like 1

Papa Carl
Posted
Posted

I know that ESL is taught by Americans in the Philippines. But, do they offer any online classes, and do they seek online facilitators for their classes. I have a MAED, that specializes in distance learning. Does anyone offer quality high speed internet access in the Philippines? Thanks....  Jimmy

Yes, although I am currently teaching ESL in a local college, while in manila, I worked for a Korean company that you would go to their offices and teach online to students. Once they were happy with your teaching you could do so from home.

Generally they will pay between 300 and 400 pesos per hour or student.

If you type in google search, ESL online teaching Philippines you will find companies looking for ESL teachers.

Papa Carl

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
Classic Dry
Posted
Posted

Yes, although I am currently teaching ESL in a local college, while in manila, I worked for a Korean company that you would go to their offices and teach online to students. Once they were happy with your teaching you could do so from home.

Generally they will pay between 300 and 400 pesos per hour or student.

If you type in google search, ESL online teaching Philippines you will find companies looking for ESL teachers.

Papa Carl

I fancy this Papa Carl. Unfortunately I don't have a qualification in ESL.
But, I see some courses are available to learn and qualify on the internet.
I've thought about it before but done nothing.
I don't think I'll need to work, but I'd like to do something useful.
Something like this would keep me off the street, and i could use the
excalant command of the English langwidge what I have.
What do you think of the online courses ?

Currently I'm trying to learn how to close a pizza box with one hand
but I can't get it and I'm starting to get disheartened.