Buko Juice - The Next Big Thing?

Adventurer
Posted
Posted

I have always thought buko juice is one of the best things you can drink in the Philippines. I would put the whole coconuts in the fridge before I would drink them, perfect drink there in the hot weather, cheap too. It also would make me feel good and i think it keeps you immune to many diseases.

It looks like someone is tapping into the health benefits of this super food/juice. Now in Australia you can buy young coconuts at supermarkets ready to drink and eat. They are from Thailand and don't taste as nice as the ones I had in the Philippines. They are also now selling drinks in small packets at supermarkets as "coconut water" or something, this also tastes like Thailand buko juice. These are selling as alternatives to coke etc for around $2 and are selling like hot cakes in Sydney city to office workers etc.

If anyone wants to get rich and has the resources then there is a big market opening up here and the Philippines coconuts taste better ;)

• Like 3

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

I like drinking fresh Buko juice during my Philippines visits too. :cheersty:

Coconut juice had become a fad here in the States for awhile not so much now.

• Like 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

It has been gaining popularity in the US, in a canned form, and it is not cheap!  And I am sure the canned stuff has lost most of the health benefits.

I love it too!  The colder and fresher the better!  It goes bad quickly.  We buy it several times a week from the stands in the field near our house.  It is p15 for the juice of 3 coconuts, without pulp.  With pulp is p15 for one coconut, I think.  In the US at health foods stores and markets they charge $2 and up for a small 8-12 oz can!  I can't imagine what they would charge for fresh buko juice!

• Like 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

I like drinking fresh Buko juice during my Philippines visits too. :cheersty:

Coconut juice had become a fad here in the States for awhile not so much now.

I heard that Madonna has been pushing it so sales are up!  I do everything that Madonna tells me to so that is why I drink it.   :hystery:

• Like 3

Mike S
Posted
Posted

Try making some buko ice candy ...... delicious ..... :thumbsup: .... :cheersty:

• Like 1

JJReyes
Posted
Posted

I can't imagine what they would charge for fresh buko juice!

$5.00 in Hawaii. It's actually a mature coconut or what they would use for making copra in the Philippines. The remaining water tastes awful, but the tourists claim to like it. Buko is young coconut when the flesh is just begin to form inside the shell.

post-1632-0-06925700-1360772656_thumb.jp

post-1632-0-14485300-1360772671_thumb.jp

• Like 1

i am bob
Posted
Posted

I bought a can of cocoa nut water a couple weeks ago at the grocery store - they had it on special for $2 while the regular price was almost $5.  After the first taste, I knew I wouldn't be buying that brand again.  Stale tasting and, after reading the ingredients, too much sugar added.  I would love to try some fresh!!!

• Like 1

Will
Posted
Posted

Can't get much fresher than this....

buko_zpsabeb1a73.jpg

• Like 3