Laoag City

Yank
Posted
Posted

New to the area. Where do all the expats hang out?

Jason

• Like 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

Had to do a google on Laoag. Have we any members there?   :89:

The City of Laoag is a 1st class city in the province of Ilocos Norte, Philippines. It is the capital city of Ilocos Norte, and the province's political, commercial, and industrial hub

• Like 1

ibemarshall
Posted
Posted (edited)

I was heading up that way in 2010 but then a typhoon hit and my plans were curtailed.   I am hoping to get that far north the next trip traveling up the coast from Olongapo.

I believe one of the members was moving up that way a few months ago.  Let me do some checking and I will edit this post if I find anything.

Update: I remember someone was moving to Ilocos Norte and I found it was Mike from Bermuda or Mike from BMD I think it was.  He was moving to Banna.

You might try checking out MacDonald's in Laoag if you haven't already done so.

Good luck to you and keep us posted as to how it is going up there.

Cheers~~

Edited by ibemarshall
  • Like 1

Yank
Posted
Posted

Thanks for the replies...I have not ran into any expats, yet.

• Like 1

Jake
Posted
Posted

Hello Yank,

Here is an internal link of one of newer members Hacksaw who lives around Laoag.  I'm not sure

if he lives there permanently or goes back to New England for a few months:

http://www.philippines-expats.com/topic/15105-hacksaw-here/#entry88664

Welcome aboard sir -- Jake

• Like 1

Mike from BDA
Posted
Posted

Hi there Yank...i am living in Banna which is about 45 minute drive to Laoag...i am there quite often actually...send me a note some day if you ever want to hook up.

cheers

• Like 2

• 1 year later...
mogo51
Posted
Posted

New to the area. Where do all the expats hang out?

Jason

Hi Jason,

I know your post is 12 months old, but was hoping you could fill me in if you are still in Laoag?  I am currently in Thailand and hope to move to Phils in 12 months.  I know that does not help you, but if you can give me some insight to life up there, I would appreciate it.

I am an Aussie on retiring age, but was taken by the U Tube items on Laoag.

I like to be near a good sized city but out of the hussle and bussle.  I also like to live near the water and it seems like there are some great beaches there.  What about accommodation?  I have a Filipino gf here, she is a teacher and comes from near Candon City.

We are coming over for a few weeks in early Aprll and will spend most of our time up that area, to view all the possible places for us to settle.  Regards.

• Like 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
Hi Jason, I know your post is 12 months old, but was hoping you could fill me in if you are still in Laoag?

That member unfortunately has not logged in since Apr 15 2013 so I doubt if you will get an answer from him.  :cheersty:

If you do a google site search from the search at the top right of the page you get 5 pages of posts about Laoag so maybe something there that may be of interest.

post-1-0-95529200-1423473159_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

mogo51
Posted
Posted

thank you will do so.