Why Overused/free Space In Different Regions???

Thomas
Posted
Posted

Today I looked at the map showing Misamis Occidental. There roads go parallell from the highway towards the mountains "everywhere" just 300 meters or so in between, and houses spread "everywhere" too, making it almost impossible to find a place there without geting neighbours closer than what I want. Almost all land there, except mountains with no useable soil, seem to be developed farmland, fields or proper PLANTED fruit trees and such. 

In some other places in the Philppines is it EASY to find more or less UNUSED land, possible to convert to farmland or fruit tree orchards.

Anyone knowing/have any theory how come???

I DON'T mean the obvious as no roads or close to Manila or Cebu,

but in different RURAL regions, which are NOT useless for farming as many mountains are more or less.

E g in Misamis Occidental and Misamis Oriental it's very hard to find an usused spot,

while it's rather easy to find raw land at e g Bohol and even in Bukidnon the NEIGHBOUR province to Misamis Oriental! If looking at a satelite photo WITHOUT borders shown, it can almost be seen where the border is between them by looking at the vegetation!

Is the answer so easy, it depend of the local government?

I understand if it's a big different in allowing cut down forest permits or not, but that can't explain all, because e g at Bohol there are hills WITHOUT forest, which has been developed in SOME places, so it seem to be possible...    :)

---

And when I'm asking, I can add an other perhaps related question    :)

Are there any big SOIL differences at different parts of RP?

I mean NOT counting mountains without soil  :)    but where the soil is deep enough to plant something.

For instance do parts of Phili have similar problem as big parts of Australia (=much salt come from the ocean, making the soil less fertile)?

Bruce
Posted
Posted

Soils are 2 main types and are easily searched on Google. As for the land areas, it gets into governmental land and private owned land where a 'title' was a new concept after WWII.

I would come up with a plan and then look at areas. For not only accessability but also for safety of a foreigner (you). Also remember as soon as YOU are seen or known to be asking questions about property.... The price is trippled.

If you use google earth, the clarity varies as they use different pics that their computer tries to blend into 1 big picture... with marginal success. But it is a good start to check out areas and distances. ALso has a built in topographical feather to tell you the height above sea level where the cursor is pointing.    

• Like 1

Thomas
Posted
Posted

As for the land areas, it gets into governmental land and private owned land where a 'title' was a new concept after WWII

Yes, but can that explain how come the developing percent is so different in different regions?

I would come up with a plan and then look at areas. For not only accessability but also for safety of a foreigner (you).

Yes, that's what I have been doing at some regions, and then I noticed this big difference in developed land.

Some harder to research the security for foreigners, because many say "Where I live it isn't dangerous, but it is in X province." =rather close  :hystery: 

Also remember as soon as YOU are seen or known to be asking questions about property.... The price is trippled.

Well. Yes, they can TRY, but then they don't get it sold to me  :)

If you use google earth, the clarity varies as they use different pics that their computer tries to blend into 1 big picture... with marginal success. But it is a good start to check out areas and distances. ALso has a built in topographical feather to tell you the height above sea level where the cursor is pointing.    

I look mainly at Satelite photos to see where there can be space enough for me to be worth checking by going there, because no point travel there, if there can't be enough distance to closest neighbour houses there anyway.

Bigdog
Posted
Posted

close Bruce, on 18 Feb 2013 - 13:46, said: Also remember as soon as YOU are seen or known to be asking questions about property.... The price is trippled. Well. Yes, they can TRY, but then they don't get it sold to me

And they wont care at all lol..rather not sell it if they cant get the triple price from a "kano" , but if a filipino offers then the "original" price they'll sell it to them.. batsh&t crazy but thats just the way it works..I send in the Gf and brother-in-laws to scope out any property and get to the final "final" price before my white face ever gets close to the property lol

• Like 1

Thomas
Posted
Posted (edited)

close Bruce, on 18 Feb 2013 - 13:46, said: Also remember as soon as YOU are seen or known to be asking questions about property.... The price is trippled. Well. Yes, they can TRY, but then they don't get it sold to me

And they wont care at all lol..rather not sell it if they cant get the triple price from a "kano" , but if a filipino offers then the "original" price they'll sell it to them.. batsh&t crazy but thats just the way it works..I send in the Gf and brother-in-laws to scope out any property and get to the final "final" price before my white face ever gets close to the property lol

Well. Surely true in MANY cases,

BUT there are many, who need money urgent too, so they HAVE TO sell. Many adds with seem very good bargains out there saying it's rush sale of some reason.   Some of these offers are expensive fantazy prices anyway, but some seem extreemly LOW*. But of couse need to check proper the legal parts so get what it seem to be.

*For instance one offer I saw was an Internet shop business asking less than their many computers cost!   (I didn't noted numbers in my head, because I either don't want to have Internet shop type of business anyway, or live where it is, but it was very cheap.)

Several seem very cheap estates too, where sometimes only the equipment/trees are worth more than they ask including the land !  But need to be checked extra careful if it seem to good   :)    but surely it CAN be true, because some realy have urgent need of cash, because of e g hospital bills, expensive depts, move abroad so can't go on handle their estate... 

NOT odd they are prepared to sell cheap, because it's hard to get estates sold, even some estates I like have been for sale even over a year sometimes...    So if buy an estate, then it better be "for ever"   :)   because hard to get an exit.

---

But that's OTHER question. I still wonder how come it's easy to find undeveloped land in some regions, while similar looking regions don't have any left. I know there are different people groups within Phili, but are they enough different in mood to explain these land use differences  :)    or how come??

Edited by Thomas