The British And Irish Lions Sell Out In 15Mins

londonirish53
Posted
Posted

It was reported that The upcoming tour to Australia later on this year sold out in a matter of 15mins. A record, one would

expect.Rivalry between The cream of British Isles rugby and The Southern Hemisphere has never been keener and Australia will do their utmost to make The Tests less enjoyable and less welcoming than the hospitality that I'm sure will be afforded to The Touring side.

Even with alcohol prices high in The Australia's, this will not deter a record number of travelling fans to follow, draped in Red for Danger and with one aim to put right the defeat of the last Lions Tour there 12yrs ago.

And with Australia's sporting prowess at an all time low( see olympics for instance) this could be a perfect opportunity to bring back the spoils, and as the cricket (Ashes for instance) is a much closer affair than it used to be, so hope for us Lions fans in the rougher sport, maybe !!!  Let out a roar  and crank it up, Let the contest begin...

• Like 2

Bundy
Posted
Posted

Sadly, i don't see much of a contest this time round.Australia's stocks of first rate footballers are in the other code (rugby league) where we rule the world.

Everyone is calling for the sacking of robbie Deans but fairdinkum, if the Wallabies were coached by JC himself, we still woudn't win!

We just don't have the cattle at the current time in this code.

Bruce
Posted
Posted

Question from the resident Yank.... Yobs! and Hooligans! I see that the UK soccer / rugby sports have issues with 'clubs' planning fights and disruptions of game 'for fun'.

Is this an issue Down Under?

Is there an accepted definition for Yob / Yobs other than Boy spelled backwards?

• Like 1

bootleultras
Posted
Posted

Bruce,

This used to be a major problem in football, never been an issue in rugby...... You rarely see anything of note anymore especially in the higher divisions due to the amount of cctv cameras and introduction of all seater stadiums.

Its more of a problem on the continent eg Italy, Germany etc

• Like 1

Bruce
Posted
Posted

Bruce,

This used to be a major problem in football, never been an issue in rugby...... You rarely see anything of note anymore especially in the higher divisions due to the amount of cctv cameras and introduction of all seater stadiums.

Its more of a problem on the continent eg Italy, Germany etc

Sounds like a bit of progress. Now... all you guys need to to is DE criminalize the situation when a fan acts like a monkey..... :hystery:  :th_unfair:

What about my yob question?

Bundy
Posted
Posted (edited)

post-1362-0-78939300-1361344965_thumb.jp

Hey Bruce i think you're referring to the Aussie "Yobbo"

Blue singlet, tattoos,stubbies,thongs, a beer in one hand and a meat pie in the other.Very often seen at sporting events!

Football, meat pies,kangaroos and holden cars!

Edited by Bundy
  • Like 1

Bruce
Posted
Posted

attachicon.gifbogan.jpg

Hey Bruce i think you're referring to the Aussie "Yobbo"

Blue singlet, tattoos,stubbies,thongs, a beer in one hand and a meat pie in the other.Very often seen at sporting events!

Football, meat pies,kangaroos and holden cars!

No, I read the dailymail on line and see multiple stories about roving gangs of 'yobs' doing damage to things as well as 'hooligans' at the soccer events acting out.

And then in the very PC area of the UK if a person at a sporting even mimics a monkey at a member of the opposing team, it is a criminal offense. Following this logic, at what point in the future will it be illegal to wear a tee shirt with a team name on it, also be a criminal offense as it may offend someone who is a fan of a different team?

As for your 'yobbo'... I recently saw for the 1st time the very 1st Mad Max movie. It was very different from the Mad Max movies that came later. It appears to me that due to the local Ozzy language used that I was unable to follow, it was made for release Down Under only. After that the later Mad Mad movies spoke in more generic English and seemed to be made for international release.

I have met more Australians in Phils than Yanks. Most I have been able to talk to but with a few I am lost in the language differences and, for some reason they spoke VERY LOUDLY and I could only follow the general conversation. Mostly dressed like the fine looking chap / bloke / mate / guy in the pic you have in the post.