Reveille

ibemarshall
Posted
Posted

I have seen this before but it is well worth the time to watch again...Thanks for posting Mr. Mike!

• Like 2

Jake
Posted
Posted

For all my fellow active and retired veterans of ALL flags, I salute you sir!  And double salute

for all the wounded warriors and those who passed away.  

Thank you Mike (US Army), respectfully -- Jake (US Navy, retarded)

post-686-0-17673900-1361318521_thumb.jpg

• Like 4

lonewolf
Posted
Posted

really injoyed the sentiment of this thank you, i salute you

• Like 3

Americano
Posted
Posted

A funny and touching video that everyone needs to watch.  I kept expecting one of them to bring out a Bugle.

• Like 3

i am bob
Posted
Posted

For everyone who has every served in the military around the world, and for the comraderie we had with our fellow branches and services, you have my utmost thanks as well.

I can understand better than some the competition between different branches and services as I was in the military in Canada...  Yes, we run as a Tri-service affair though we no longer are strictly engaged in one green uniform.  It was always exciting and interesting pulling into a foreign port on one of the various HMCS while wearing an Air Force uniform.  You would hear the order from a Commander for "Put that to port" and you always wanted to answer with "Sure Major!  Is that far enough to the left or do you need more?"  Many time the ship's Captain would demand Naval ranks be used on board ship which we would refuse to do.  You see, a Navy 4 bars and an Air Force 2 Bars are both Captains...  and we rarely had Lieutenants on board ship with us.  hehe!  You always knew if you had a good Ship's Captain by the pipes that were made...  Air Captain Soandso meant the Old Man was a dink and just plain Captain Soandso showed the Old Man as a decent type more concerned with a good job than protocol - which by the way, is the true Canadian way!

:541:

• Like 1

earthdome
Posted
Posted

In the US Navy the officer which commanded the ship was always called Captain regardless of his rank. There can only be one captain on a ship. So if another officer who had the rank of Captain was on board they were addressed as Commodore.

• Like 2

i am bob
Posted
Posted

In the US Navy the officer which commanded the ship was always called Captain regardless of his rank. There can only be one captain on a ship. So if another officer who had the rank of Captain was on board they were addressed as Commodore.

That is what happens when you amalgamate your military branches but still have different names for the same rank...  hehe!  Of course us Zoomies played it for all we could every day!  Even design must have been segregated to branch - we were the only department on one ship that had actual doors with doorknobs to our shop.  Everybody else had hatches that could be dogged.