New Requirements For 13A Visa

jamesmusslewhite
Posted
Posted (edited)

My wife and I traveled from Surigao City down to Davao by bus, which is a 14 hour trip on some of the most uncomfortable poorly maintained buses and roadways last January 22nd. We intended to hand them our paperwork to start the process to obtain a 13a Visa. I had checked the official Philippine B.I. website and download the form and completed all the documentation required by the information posted on their website. I was surprised when they specifically stated that I needed three more documents required by newly enforced requirements for this process.

1, Applicants are now required to furnish the BI with a national background check from their home country. Being an US citizen meant that I would require to have a authenticated FBI background check (authenticated by the Philippine Embassy in Los Angeles, California.

2. Applicants are now required to furnish a copy of a Philippine bank statement, showing the amount of monthly deposit(s) to verify proof that the amount is sufficient to show financial responsibility. Only Philippine bank accounts are considered primary financial proof, and any foreign bank account statements are only to be considered as supplementary. If your wife owns a farm business, business, or employment than she muct have a copy of her BIR tax
statements.

3. Applicants who has lived in the Philippines for period of over 6 months will also be required to have a NBI clearance as well.

This was quite an unpleasant surprised to me and my wife, because these new requirements had not yet been posted on the official BI website even though the new policy they were now enforcing was already several months old. The time, expense, and aggravation only to be turned away with not so much as an "I am sorry" really made us feel loved..

So trying to show due diligence I contacted the Manila Main Branch BI office by email asking if this had been a mistake and this is their reply.

Dear Sir,

Good day! Please be informed that 13 G (Returning Former Filipino) Visas can be applied by natural born citizen of the Philippines, who has been naturalized in a foreign country, and is returning to the Philippines for permanent residence. In that case, we advised you to just apply again for the 13A Non-Quota Immigrant by Marriage. The complete checklist of documentary requirements is provided below:

CHECKLIST

OF DOCUMENTARY REQUIREMENTS

FOR

APPLICATION FOR CONVERSION TO NON-QUOTA IMMIGRANT BY MARRIAGE

(Section 13, Paragraph A)

1)   [ ] Letter request from the petitioner, with a statement that all documents submitted were legally obtained from the corresponding government agencies;

2)      [  ] Duly accomplished and notarized Consolidated General Application Form (BI Form No. RADJR-2012-01);

3)      [  ] Original copy of NSO issued Birth Certificate of the Filipino spouse; 

4)      [  ] Original copy of NSO issued Marriage Contract or if the marriage was solemnized abroad, the Original copy of the Marriage Contract authenticated by the Philippine Embassy/Consulate in or nearest the place where the marriage was solemnized, with English translation if written in other foreign language;

5)      [  ] Photocopy of applicant’s Passport (bio-page, admission and authorized stay of at least twenty (20) days from the date of filing);

6)      [  ] Original copy of Bureau of Immigration (BI) Clearance Certificate.

7)      [  ] Joint Affidavit of applicant and petitioner attesting to the authenticity and genuineness of all documents submitted in support of the application;

8)      [  ] Proofs of financial capacity of applicant and/or petitioner during their permanent residence in the Philippines.

If in the application the applicant is joined by his/her unmarried minor children:

1.      [  ] Duly accomplished and notarized Consolidated General Application Form (BI Form No. RADJR-2012-01);

2.     [  ] Original copy of Birth Certificates of unmarried minor children certified or authenticated by the Philippine Embassy/Consulate in or nearest the place where the marriage was solemnized or place of birth, with English translation if written in other foreign language;

3.     [  ] Photocopy of the Passport/s of foreign national’s dependents (bio-page, admission and authorized stay of at least twenty (20) days from the date of filing); and

4.     [  ] Original copy of the Bureau of Immigration (BI) Clearance Certificate.

*Additional Requirement

(Memorandum Order No. RADJR-2012-028)

a.      If the applicant has been in the Philippines for less than six (6) months, he shall attach to his application a Police Clearance from his country of origin or residence duly authenticated by the Philippine Embassy
/Consulate at the place of issuance or nearest to it, with English translation, if written in another foreign language.

b.      If the applicant has been in the Philippines for six (6) months or more, he shall, in addition to the Police Clearance from his country of origin or residence prior to his arrival in the Philippines, attach to his application a National Bureau of Investigation (NBI) Clearance.

Should you have other immigration-related queries, please do not hesitate to call the BI Helpdesk Hotline at (632) 524-3769 or (632) 524-3824, visit our website at www.immigration.gov.ph or like us on Facebook: officialbureauofimmigration and follow us on Twitter: immigrationPH

I hope this post helps others to be aware of the cahanges and new requirements....

Edited by jamesmusslewhite
  • Like 5

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

Thank you James for your information. 

To late for one member who just would not listen or wait for further info,Okieboy,,, ohh Okieboy.

i care less about  you and  your  forum, you are  one  sick son of a bitch, and  most  will see that  sooner  or  later

:cheersty:

• Like 2

Bil Brock
Posted
Posted

Got a 13G las September & it took all of 2 weeks, got under the wire perhaps.

• Like 3

Will
Posted
Posted

It's more fun in the Philippines!

On a side note: I didn't know okieboy personally buy he seemed like pretty decent guy. Don't know what got him so upset.... Don't even think I want to know.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
Daydreamer
Posted
Posted

Well dang it to hell! Well, I hope my baby will have a little bit more patience :bash: :1 (103): :why-me: :boohoo:

• Like 2