Looking For Place In Danao Area

lonewolf
Posted
Posted

had planned on staying at elsalvadore when i got to danao 4/22/13 for a look see of area nd girlfriend. but resort is booked up. need a nice place in or around danao because girl friend is line leader metsumi , and it will be 10 days before she gets her time off 10 days. i ve checked introsan and coco palms no luck. the travel sites are geared to push to cebu city area but no help for me and the logistics of getting my girl to and from work . because of traffic bottle necks for bridges. so am looking for suggestions, an apt or condo for a month thats nice furnished and utilities included. will appreciate any help i can get. i want it to be nice for my girl and maybe fiance, perfer 800usd or less but am flexible. thank you ed

• Like 1

Bruce
Posted
Posted

Well here is a thought. Depending on your length of stay, and the $$ involved in your GF's job, is it possible to 'buy' her some extra vacation time? If she makes say 500p a day..... would her employer be agreeable to accept cash to allow her extra time off and of course, guarantee her job back again? If only for those 10 days when you arrive until her vacation time kicks in?

• Like 2

lonewolf
Posted
Posted

thanks for come back , i didn t know that was possible. i ll have to look into it , that would be ideal, heres hoping

• Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted (edited)

Try the HunaHuna Resort (Remember that resort is just a name here) in Catmon.  It is a short drive north of Danao but she can get to work quickly on a jeepney from there. The other alternative is cheap pension house across the street from the municipal hall in Compostella.

There is a nice place beside El Salvador and down by the beach called the Catadman Lodge in Danao.  Unfortunately they only have one room fixed up foreigner friendly and it is usually booked.  A British guy and his wife own that one so you may want to call him and see what can be arranged.  Don't let him talk you into the filipino rooms.  You will HATE them.

One more thought came to me.  There are also a few 'resorts' in Compostella and because Mitsumi is on the southern end of Danao that makes them pretty close.  I would not get too thrilled with the word 'resort' as the only thing I find resort-like is the price.  However, the best of the bunch is probably Stakili and here is their facebook page.  Remember that pictures lie.  Its alright but not as nice as the pics.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Stakili-Beach-Garden-Resort/105456729537105

Edit:  There is one more place in Danao you may want to try.  I have gone there for a swim and its great, food is not so great and a bit expensive.  I have not stayed there overnight and I am not sure of the accomodations but here is a link to Sunshine Beach Resort Danao on TripAdvisor

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g294261-d1229723-Reviews-Sunshine_Shin_Beach_Resort-Cebu_Visayas.html

Edit 2:  I found a web site for the Sunshine Resort at http://www.tomesunshine.com/en/index.html

Its hard to find the place so I can tell you its near the LTO.  find that in the north of Danao and ask anyone where the resort is.  The pics look nice.  The web site is not well laid out but you can find the rooms with only a little trouble and they seem to run about 2,000 pesos a night.  Again, the pool and grounds are as nice as El Salvador so you may like it.

Edited by Dave Hounddriver
  • Like 3

lonewolf
Posted
Posted

thanks for reply hound driver i found out  that its better to call resort direct , everytime time i tried usind one of travel site they said elsalvador was booked and  when i tried to find somewhere near danao they would always push cebu and mactan at me ,well i got to thinking on that so i got the elsalvadore number and called then last night and i got my reservations for the dates i wanted. i appreciate all the responses i got . but i learned one thing about phils to besure call direct to resort of choice

• Like 2

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

but i learned one thing about phils to besure call direct to resort of choice

There is just one more thing to learn before arriving.

http://www.philippines-expats.com/topic/9448-so-now-you-have-a-hotel-reservation/

• Like 3

lonewolf
Posted
Posted

thank you, duly noted and i did leave a deposit so i hope it turns out all right, i will call back an check that all is well and have myfillipina check on it also

• Like 1

i am bob
Posted
Posted

but i learned one thing about phils to besure call direct to resort of choice

There is just one more thing to learn before arriving.

http://www.philippines-expats.com/topic/9448-so-now-you-have-a-hotel-reservation/

Thanks for this one, Dave!  I had almost forgotten about the "rules" on reservations that don't have a good deposit. 

:tiphat: