Automobile Financing

intrepid
Posted
Posted

Hi all, not sure if this subject is in the appropriate forum category, if not, please move to the correct location.
 I'm curious about new car purchase/financing in the Philippines. Has any forum members purchased new vehicles recently?  Is there financing available for automobile purchases?  Are dealer or manufacturing incentives offered?  Or, is the only option available a bank or private loan, and what current interest rates?

danny

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

Surely someone has some experience in new cars in the Phils? 

Geoff Thomas
Posted
Posted

Hi, most car dealers here in Cebu will give finance, I have just checked out subaru, toyota and Hyundai, all gave the same kind of deals, but here is the computation from Subaru

Subaru Forester

Unit price 1,477,000

downpayment 500,000

amount finance 977,000

48 months 25,967

free LTO registration 3 years

1 year insurance

All the dealers have a similar deals and for sure if you look at www.cebuclassifieds.com you will find other deals available with low downpayment plans.

• Like 1

Mike S
Posted
Posted

Surely someone has some experience in new cars in the Phils? 

Nope ..... someone down the street just bought a new SUV and it sticks out like a sore thumb ..... guess they will rob him or steal it before they get to my oldie but goodie ..... :hystery:  .... one of the main reasons I know nothing about new cars ... SUV or pick-ups is because you can be a walking target especially if you bump someone .... and although I have so called insurance I'm not so sure how good it is and I don't really want to find out ..... :mocking: ....... but I guess that all depends on what you buy .... :cheersty:

• Like 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

Hi, most car dealers here in Cebu will give finance, I have just checked out subaru, toyota and Hyundai, all gave the same kind of deals, but here is the computation from Subaru

Subaru Forester

Unit price 1,477,000

downpayment 500,000

amount finance 977,000

48 months 25,967

free LTO registration 3 years

1 year insurance

All the dealers have a similar deals and for sure if you look at www.cebuclassifieds.com you will find other deals available with low downpayment plans.

Geoff, do you have any idea of the requirements that a dealer might ask?

So as to keep this on topic, I am starting a related thread.

• Like 1

intrepid
Posted
Posted

Thanks for the answers.  This is a help since not there at the moment and with no family members with new car experience.  That's another great thing about this forum.  A wealth of information can be gained for planning just for the asking.

thanks again :999:

• Like 3