Sending Faxes From The Philippines

earthdome
Posted
Posted

I officially retired February 1st and wanted to start a distribution from one of my US tax deferred retirement accounts. This required me to call the financial institution in the US, I used MagicJack. Then they sent me some forms by email that I had to fill out and return either by FAX, postal mail or courier. Having no printer or scanner I took the forms to an internet cafe to get printed. Then I filled them out and got them scanned in as JPEG images. Went home and found a fax coversheet template on the internet. Filled that out and saved it as a PDF. Then using the Preview application on the mac was able to add the scanned images and save it back out as one PDF containing 5 pages. I then used the online fax sending service http://www.gotfreefax.com/ to send the fax to the investment firm in the US. Cost was only $2.25.

In the future I want to buy an inexpensive printer/scanner so I don't have to take what could be sensitive documents to get printed/scanned at an internet cafe.

I should be able to confirm tomorrow that they got the fax.

It must have been very difficult, time consuming and expensive to take care of all these things related to retirement and communications 20 years ago when you were outside your home country before the internet. The internet has really been an enabler of living almost anywhere in the world while still being able to manage your life back in your home country.

• Like 3

earthdome
Posted
Posted

One more note. GotFreeFax can only send faxes to the USA and Canada.

• Like 1

earthdome
Posted
Posted

I have confirmation that the fax was received. All is working well.

• Like 1