Posted
Posted

Hmmmm....anyone tried this??

http://youtu.be/siyisUOMxdk

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

Bizarre Food show host Andrew Zimmern or Antony Bordine visited a still making 90+ proof Lambanog. Looks nasty. :cheersty:

ibemarshall
Posted
Posted

Ohhh yes, now I recall...I didn't put two and two together until now.  By the sounds of it, you have not ventured down this elixir's path....more that likely I will be following right behind you! :thumbsup:

• Like 1

Bruce
Posted
Posted

This is different than I see out on Samar. There they use old style brown glass jugs to ferment the product and the jug has a plastic or foil wrap to allow the gasses to escape.

• Like 1

i am bob
Posted
Posted

I wonder how true it is that it will not give you a hang over?

:mocking:

Bruce
Posted
Posted (edited)

I wonder how true it is that it will not give you a hang over?

:mocking:

Impurities are a major issue in hang overs but also... remember that asians or sub sets of asians process alcohol 'better' than Canadians do (us caucasians) due to a blood enzyme. The better processed the final product, the less issues. This has nothing to to with less liver damage or acting stupid under the effects of etoh (medical term for alcohol)

I propose a TEST! You should post on the forum a request for drinking donations and then a willing volunteer to travel to Phils in a paid and controlled setting to test this coconut vodka and any after effects. A brave and willing forum member, willing to sacrifice his liver, cell by cell (the test may take years) by drinking the various alcohol related drinks available in Phils to measure, in a ranking system, the best and worst concocktions and their effects!  

If there is more than 1 willing brave soul willing to travel to Phils to do this, His Jollyness can have a raffle! Brave men willing to follow in the wake of Magellan to travel to land of King Phillip II, from Oz, UK, or even Cleveland..... all in a selfless manor to test these products and then report back so forum members can better make their decisions on what to drink or not to drink....  

Edited by Bruce
  • Like 2

MacBubba
Posted
Posted

I volunteer my wife!  (Just kidding).

Now that I know about the flavored lambanog in Quezon, we'll be sure to make a stop.  We've only ever flown to Marinduque, but in a few months, we'll be doing the land and ferry journey as we'll be bringing a lot of essentials to outfit the house.  Quezon will be where we board the ferry.

• Like 2

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

Jake is on my short list to send over on the drinking expedition. :cheersty:

In fact I'll accompany him and video the whole debacle. I figure we can then sell it to Bravo Cable channel. It would make an awesome reality show!  :dance:

• Like 3