Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

The very last shot at the end sold me.  :)  Interesting video

• Like 2

Bruce
Posted
Posted

For me... it is a smaller version of Manila, or sections of Manila without 'quite' as much pollution or traffic issues. From a vacation point, Colon is great, but if I lived inCebu, I would not go there every day. The Lemon Grass restaurant in Alaya is great place to eat. IF... and this does not apply to me, but if one wanted to simply retire and walk, in the surounding area of Alaya mall, buying / renting a condo is a great option. From banking to entertainment to eating it is all within walking distance.

Now, perhaps not a part of this topic.... but a new topic...... I think that there are readers / lurkers who do not have an accurate understanding of a shopping mall and the physical layout and the importance of such a place in the modern Philippine culture. Prior to my arrival the 1st time.. a mall is just some place with a large parking lot and a bunch of stores to go to to buy something or get an Auntie Ann's cookie...... Also, malls in the US are dying off. From the outside strip malls of the 60's to the enclosed malls of the 80's to the mega malls of the 90's...... the American public is losing interest in malls, but the next generation of a 'mall' has yet to show itself.

So, how about some MALL thread started by a expat who can explain both the type of mall and it's importance in the day to day life of the average Pinoy.... and how YOU can live close to one and for years never have to ride anywhere.....

• Like 1