Shipping Guns To Philippines Not A Good Idea

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

If true some "rich Kano" is gona be in big trouble or be paying some large "fines".

Guns, ammunition

Last week, the BOC-Enforcement and Security Services headed by district commander Camilo Cascolan Jr., apprehended an estimated P200,000 worth of guns and ammunition.

The seized items include a Jennings firearms caliber .22, a rifle, a Star Ruger 357 magnum revolver, a Star 9mm caliber pistol and several assorted ammunition.

They were declared as personal effects that arrived from the United States and Australia on board M/V Titan.  Biazon and Dela Cuesta said that those who were involved in these illegal activities, including the brokers who facilitated the transactions, will face charges. — /LPM (FREEMAN)

http://www.philstar.com/cebu-news/2013/03/07/916778/guns-rice-sugar-big-bike-bags-boc-seizes-p116m-smuggled-goods

• Like 2

FlyAway
Posted
Posted

Those examples are not high end expensive firearms. The firearms & ammo are a drop in the bucket compared to the other stuff in the article. Fake handbags, rice, and the motorcycle classified as machinery parts.

• Like 2

Mike S
Posted
Posted

Yea but the foreigner sells more newspapers ..... I can't wait to see how many of those high end cell phones that were "captured" a few weeks ago actually make it to the auction to be sold ..... 800,000+ if I remember right ..... looks like everyone in the BOC will have new cell phones and of course all their relatives ... boyfriends and girlfriends .... probably get about 1000 to auction off ..... when all is said and done ..... :thumbsup: :hystery: :hystery: :cheersty:

• Like 2

gottawannalive
Posted
Posted

Wish I could ship over my 2 Rugers but the risk just ain't worth it.  Hell, I'd settle for shipping just the .380 but no can do.  First time in a long long time that I'll be gunless.

Will
Posted
Posted (edited)

Yep! Sold my guns before the move, sure felt naked without my everyday carry, too. I have my concealed carry license, of course.

We sent a container with our used household items. It just got here to the port in Cebu. Unfortunately it is at the same time as this news story. Somewhere along the line, my wife was talking with someone on the phone with the movers and they asked if we had ammunition loaded in our guns in the container(?) I just about freaked out and yelled what guns? We have no guns! Just give us our crap! (We had been having problems since the container was stopped in California as being suspicious (?)(?) maybe because it was from Texas (with us clinging to our guns and Bibles) we had to pay out the nose for thAt search by US homeland security $1500US. Luckily, one of our relatives here in Cebu knew someone with PI customs ,or we would have been out a LOT more money. I'll never ship a container again!! Especially with suspicious dining room tables, clothes, television, etc. :(

Edited by Will
  • Like 4

lyno 47
Posted
Posted

You are so right Will loaded kitchen tables are very dangerous one never knows when a table might decide to kill you. cheers

ibemarshall
Posted
Posted

Here is a video detailing the seizures:

http://youtu.be/Hb-xlAoPp5A

• Like 2