Ok, Everyone Relax! The Government Has It Under Control.....

Bruce
Posted
Posted

Gov't assures safety of foreign visitors amid concerns

(philstar.com) | Updated March 9, 2013 - 8:00pm

9  48 googleplus0  0

MANILA, Philippines (Xinhua) - The government said today it has taken precautionary measures to secure the safety of foreign nationals visiting the country as Australia recently issued a travel warning against the Philippines.

Deputy presidential spokesperson Abigail Valte made the assurance following the travel warning issued by Australian government to its citizens to prevent traveling to the restive southern Philippines due to high risk of kidnapping.

The Australian government issued the travel warning amid the violence in Sabah involving the Malaysian authorities and the followers of Sulu Sultan Jamalul Kiram III over the latter's claim on the minerals and oil-rich Borneo state.

Apart from Australia, the governments of China, Britain, US, and several other countries had also warned their citizens of the security threat in the Philippines.

Despite the travel warnings, Valte said that the government expects tourist arrivals to surge with the recent development in the country's aviation and tourism sectors. 

bootleultras
Posted
Posted

Got to be honest here, my own security (the wife) has issued the same warning to me for the past 9 years, she is very against visiting the far southern islands as she is so paranoid something would happen to me. Got to say heeding them warnings has done me good so far!

:thumbsup:

• Like 3

Bruce
Posted
Posted

Got to be honest here, my own security (the wife) has issued the same warning to me for the past 9 years, she is very against visiting the far southern islands as she is so paranoid something would happen to me. Got to say heeding them warnings has done me good so far!

:thumbsup:

Well I agree. What does the south have that I can not get when I go out to Samar?  N O T H I N G :dance:

• Like 2

Mike S
Posted
Posted

Gov't assures safety of foreign visitors amid concerns

(philstar.com) | Updated March 9, 2013 - 8:00pm

9  48 googleplus0  0

MANILA, Philippines (Xinhua) - The government said today it has taken precautionary measures to secure the safety of foreign nationals visiting the country as Australia recently issued a travel warning against the Philippines.

Deputy presidential spokesperson Abigail Valte made the assurance following the travel warning issued by Australian government to its citizens to prevent traveling to the restive southern Philippines due to high risk of kidnapping.

The Australian government issued the travel warning amid the violence in Sabah involving the Malaysian authorities and the followers of Sulu Sultan Jamalul Kiram III over the latter's claim on the minerals and oil-rich Borneo state.

Apart from Australia, the governments of China, Britain, US, and several other countries had also warned their citizens of the security threat in the Philippines.

Despite the travel warnings, Valte said that the government expects tourist arrivals to surge with the recent development in the country's aviation and tourism sectors. 

BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAH

• Like 5

lyno 47
Posted
Posted

Of course they have issued a warning, australia is going down the tube and they want us to stay here and spend what money we have so the govt can keep on doing what it has been doing<which is nothing but talk.> cheers

• Like 3

Bundy
Posted
Posted

Of course they have issued a warning, australia is going down the tube and they want us to stay here and spend what money we have so the govt can keep on doing what it has been doing<which is nothing but talk.> cheers

Hahaha love it, where's the triple like button?

On a serious note, for as far back as i've had anything to do with the Philippines, which would be 1986, i don't think i can remember a single calendar year when there was NO travel warning of some kind against this place. Probably 90% are against that big island down the bottom..............must be something in all of that?

• Like 2

i am bob
Posted
Posted

I wonder if the travel warnings against Canada have been pulled down yet...

Anyone south of my border know if the American travel warnings are still up?

Can't forget the ones issued against France..  so dangerous there...

And what about the ones issued for....

I agree with Lyno....  Most of it is a pure crock of sauerkraut... Maybe down south but gee...  The whole country?   

• Like 2

StayAtHomeDad
Posted
Posted

Yes, Mindanao and the south IS SO DANGEROUS. Wish more foreigners would heed the warnings and not come here. :hystery: