...."Let's have a Coke!"...

http://youtu.be/2joQMBSBoRo

In my case it is ..."Let's have a Coke Light!"...  *clink* Cheers~~

Edited by ibemarshall
  • Like 1

Mike S
Posted
Posted

Coke Zero ...... for me please .... nice ol' film ..... they sure dressed differently here back in those days ..... almost to formal but still looked really nice ..... thanks ........  :cheersty: 

• Like 1

ibemarshall
Posted
Posted

Ohhhh Coke Zero??...I forgot about that one....also a winner IMHO.  I know the video is a marketing piece for Coca Cola, but as you observed Mike, things like attire etc were much different and reflected the times I imagine.

• Like 1

sjp52
Posted
Posted

Looks like the commercials were longer than the movie back then. Were starting to get back to that way.  That,s a good piece of marketing, Seems to have worked too. Coke dominates in the Philippines.  Would like to see them get away with that commercial in today,s world ( wholesome  Ha Ha )

• Like 1

MacBubba
Posted
Posted

Manila during kinder, gentler times.  As for the dress code, some of the older set, particularly the women who were around in the 1950s, still make the effort.

• Like 1

JJReyes
Posted
Posted

Coke dominates in the Philippines.

At one time, Coca-Cola was dominant on a global basis except for the Philippines and one other country either in Central or South America. Pepsi-Cola had one of those promo/contest in the Philippines wherein the grand prize was either P500,000 or P1,000,000 (one winner only). Something went wrong and there were around 500 winners who claimed the grand prize. The fine print allowed the company to decline to payout. There were lawsuits and politicians jumped in. One reason was the culprit was a major American corporation. The resulting bad publicity caused Pepsi sales to plunge and Coke became dominant. 

• Like 1