How Did You Meet Your Man Or Woman?

How did you meet your man or woman?  

15 members have voted

1. 1. How did you meet?

• We met through the internet
    • I was introduced by a third party (friend, relative)
    • We first met in person
  2. 2. We met through the internet and ...

• this person is the one for me
    • it's alright but I could have done better
    • I made a big mistake
    • does not apply - we didn't meet this way
  3. 3. I was introduced by a third party and ...

• I made a big mistake
  4. 4. We first met in person and ...

• I made a big mistake

Mik
Posted
Posted (edited)

I put this in poll form so the responders can have privacy if needed.

Edited by M.Morey

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted

Thank you for doing that Mike, my connection here is slow and the signal in the hotel fades in and out.My guess is that it will end up maybe 50/50 and I think both sides might have good and bad relationships in them. I voted the Internet but I met my wife via letters, so I am stating that up front so the people reading will not be mislead. I think letters before there was an Internet is about the same as the Internet but a lot slower and our relationship took 3 years before we ended up marrying. BTW, I had scammers write to me, even back in those days, one said "I will love you long time" and I got a good laugh out of that one....I would have to say that even back then, maybe one out of eight or maybe one out of seven were keepers and the others were also just trying to get out of the Philippines or wanted money....I met 10 great ladies and I really had a hard time giving the others up for my wife, but I am glad I did because my wife is the best thing that every happened to me, and besides that, she puts up with me. 2245_safe.gif

TheMason
Posted
Posted

I used to travel to the Philippines 3-4 times a year for 4-6 weeks at a time. After my first visit here, I was hooked. I wanted to meet people and have someone to go about town with on my next trip so I turned to the Internet. Many of the women I met were obvious scammers. I'd say roughly 60% asked for money or made queries about getting them a visa to the US. I did not pursue a relationship with any of the women that did this. Of the rest, I settled on 3 that I liked based on our interactions on the Internet.When the time came for my next trip, I met all 3 of the women in person. I didn't really care for 2 of them, but the third one was something else. We really hit it off well and we spent the next 6 weeks or so getting to know each other and spending as much time as possible together.The next 12 months was a mixture of about 3 months in person and 9 months via the Internet. We got along very well and decided to get married. If not for the Internet, there is no chance I'd have met my wife. I was conducting business in Makati and she was working in Malabon. Our paths would never have crossed. As long as you use common sense, pay attention to the person you are dating, and pursue a relationship with honest intentions and integrity, things will work out just fine no matter how you meet the person.

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

TheMason is spot on.My 2 Centavos, two people can come to know some aspects about each other online but it is limited and filtered. The fact is many guys have found a great GF or wife online. The internet is a simple and easy tool to interact with people. To know a person and her family takes time.Not to be disrespectful, how is it that some

til
Posted
Posted

I met my fiancee online as well and after the first time meeting her in real I knew she was good for me.We would have never met without the Internet I'm sure. I wasn't even specifically looking for a Filipina and knew nothing about the phils when I first met her.While I do believe that meeting in real is very important I have to say that "chatting" has some advantages of its own: my fiancee and I are both a bit shy and introverted at first. With "chatting" I feel it was easier for us sometimes to communicate about certain more personal things. And also it reduced the misunderstandings.