Computer Shipped & Arrived

JJReyes
Posted
Posted

The opening of balikbayan boxes is random except when customs agents are tipped off or there is something suspicious about the box. The example would be a balikbayan box that is extremely heavy and there is no explanation on the declaration form. I use to itemized, but one of the pick-up drivers told me just to put, "Used Household Goods" on the form. Making the computer or laptop look used is also a good idea. You can't fool the customs agents, but if it is not in the original box, there is a diminished value when they try to sell the computer after stealing it.

• Like 1

i am bob
Posted
Posted

I was surprised...  The duty on a case for a netbook was a lot more than the duty on a netbook.  I can't remember the exact values right now but I wouldn't ship the case next time...  hehe!

• Like 2

sjp52
Posted
Posted

I sent a 51 " Samsung LCD in the original box. The tv was maybe 6 months old but in mint condition. The box was huge. They charged me double to send it ( $250 ), But the amount of stuff I could slide down the sides made up about 4 more BB Boxes so was well worth it. I was surprised that they never opened it and it arrived safely ( took 11 or 12 weeks, it sat in Manila wear house for 3 weeks ). I have sent maybe 25 boxes all together since I started going to the Philippines and all have arrived safe with no issues.

• Like 4

bootleultras
Posted
Posted

I used to get lot of duty free alcohol at great prices...which me being me couldn't resist. :) me and my wife used to fill BB boxes with stuff we needed to send home basically to pad the box for our booze, not once were the boxes opened and the booze always arrived untouched......there's not much left now! :cheersty:

• Like 4

i am bob
Posted
Posted

I sent a 51 " Samsung LCD in the original box. The tv was maybe 6 months old but in mint condition. The box was huge. They charged me double to send it ( $250 ), But the amount of stuff I could slide down the sides made up about 4 more BB Boxes so was well worth it. I was surprised that they never opened it and it arrived safely ( took 11 or 12 weeks, it sat in Manila wear house for 3 weeks ). I have sent maybe 25 boxes all together since I started going to the Philippines and all have arrived safe with no issues.

Just out of curiosity, Scott, which company did you use?

sjp52
Posted
Posted

Just out of curiosity, Scott, which company did you use?

I,m not sure. I know a little Filipina around the corner from me and she sends all my boxes. When I see her next time I will ask

• Like 1