Kids' Education In Cebu

CebuDreamer
Posted
Posted

When we initially decided to relocate to Cebu later this year, I felt pretty good about everything. I still do, but have to admit I'm a little concerned now about the kids' education (I have 2 daughters, ages 12 and 6) after reading some of the posts on here. My kids go to a magnet arts school now and are doing pretty well, but we really want to be there in the Philippines as opposed to here in the States.

Is it as bad as what I'm reading on here? My brother and sister in law have 3 girls attending a private Catholic school in Cebu now and they seem to think things are going pretty well, an even higher emphasis on learning than their old school in Indiana.

I expect the educational experience to be much different, but is it really that much worse? Any input is appreciate.

Thanks...

JJReyes
Posted
Posted

Does anyone with the forum have a list of private, international schools in the Philippines with no religious affiliation?

• Like 1

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

One great school we know of is Sacred Heart. Its a Jesuit school K-12 there is some theology taught but students get a world class education not so much dancing and other BS so common in most Filipino schools.

• Like 2

MikeB
Posted
Posted

I expect the educational experience to be much different, but is it really that much worse?  

You probably already read the review by member relcarve25 of some private schools in Cebu City in the same category as the topic you opened. Perhaps someone else who is living in Cebu and has 1st hand knowledge and experience with the educational system here could contribute.

• Like 1

Thomas
Posted
Posted

Does anyone with the forum have a list of private, international schools in the Philippines with no religious affiliation?

Here is a directory of schools

http://eskwelahan.com/

MacBubba
Posted
Posted

One great school we know of is Sacred Heart. Its a Jesuit school K-12 there is some theology taught but students get a world class education not so much dancing and other BS so common in most Filipino schools.

My wife sings the praises of a Jesuit education.  They inspired in her the love of learning.

• Like 1