Food Court In Mambukal

Mike S
Posted
Posted

Here is one picture and a short video on the food court ..... the picture shows the cost of the food we had and I would highly recommend the food ..... it is all native style cooking but as I love Filipino food (with out to much salt or sugar) this was some of the best eating out food I've had sense I've been here ...... he is the funny thing ... there are 4 food stalls there and just about all sell the same type food we chose this one as it looked the freshest and smelled great ..... but .... this one is on a temporary basis and only operates from the 1st to the 15th of each month .... they have to share  with another temp eatery which goes from the 15th to the end of the month ..... I highly recommend you go if you can from the 1st to the 15th ..... I don't think you will be sorry ..... anyway here is the price list of what we ate and what the place looks like .....enjoy

post-11-0-10004900-1363410993_thumb.jpg

Food Court.MOV

• Like 3

ibemarshall
Posted
Posted (edited)

*edited post title so there would be no 'foot in mouth' health complications*  :thumbsup:

Nice follow post - movie downloaded and played well...Gracias!

Edited by ibemarshall
  • Like 2

i am bob
Posted
Posted

This looks like the type of place I would enjoy...  Nothing presumptuous...  Nice prices...  And still with a tropical flair!   

:thumbsup:

• 5 months later...
Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted

We were at Mambukal in May (?) and had a great time!   At the food court I don't remember which shop we ate at but it was the best pork chop I have had in the PI's.  It just really confused them when I asked for knife - I could not cut it with the spoon ha ha  Everything was good and it was cheap!

:tiphat:

• Like 1

i am bob
Posted
Posted

We were at Mambukal in May (?) and had a great time!   At the food court I don't remember which shop we ate at but it was the best pork chop I have had in the PI's.  It just really confused them when I asked for knife - I could not cut it with the spoon ha ha  Everything was good and it was cheap!

:tiphat:

When I was younger, I could never figure out why the experienced travellers always had a knife in their pocket...  

Now that I am an experienced traveller...

:mocking:

• 11 months later...
RBM
Posted
Posted

Here is one picture and a short video on the food court ..... the picture shows the cost of the food we had and I would highly recommend the food ..... it is all native style cooking but as I love Filipino food (with out to much salt or sugar) this was some of the best eating out food I've had sense I've been here ...... he is the funny thing ... there are 4 food stalls there and just about all sell the same type food we chose this one as it looked the freshest and smelled great ..... but .... this one is on a temporary basis and only operates from the 1st to the 15th of each month .... they have to share  with another temp eatery which goes from the 15th to the end of the month ..... I highly recommend you go if you can from the 1st to the 15th ..... I don't think you will be sorry ..... anyway here is the price list of what we ate and what the place looks like .....enjoy

attachicon.gifDSCN0668.JPG

attachicon.gifFood Court.MOV

We were there yesterday and fully agree. Arrived around 10am and straight to the super hot pools. Chilled out there for around 3 hours...did I say chilled....not sure the temp but after 10 minutes sure had to get out for a while. Lovely surroundings with bats in the trees.

Immediately after to the food court, lovely fresh avocado shakes, no sugar added, delicious. Have eaten there many a time and fully agree with the OP, cheap and good, relaxing setting. Just if there weekends expect huge groups of young Koreans that tend to get a little disruptive, apart it's an amazing place.

Costs are P 50 entrance and P50 for the hot pool.

Lovely start to what turned out to be a hotel drama in Bacolod......That's a new thread......