Will Someone Please Take The Kano's Money!

Bruce
Posted
Posted

Shopping for a bigger and more comfortable bike here in Catbalogan. A city of 100,000 +. There are 7 motorcycle dealerships. Remove the 2 Chinese sellers and that leaves 5. And I went to all 5 today. Biggest thing I saw was a Kawaski 220cc Rouser which is not what I am looking for.

I want a touring bike and not a commuter or a crotch rocket style. So I go into the dealerships asking "What is the biggest thing you got". And I get no answers. Well one sales woman did ask "biggest what" so I replied TELEVISIONS! No reply. Why I think even Larry The Cable Guy would be lost here!    

But they have what they have and there is no ordering at all. Most do not even carry parts but for the 1 Honda dealer. Most of the problem is that they have never seen a bigger bike in town unless it is a foreign motorcycle club doing a Philippines Tour ride. And that is not too often.

And the used bikes? NO CASH PRICE but they would gladly finance it for me. I see that the cash price, if you press them is greater than the new price. They really want those finance charges. And they do not take trade ins. Any used bike they have is a repo.

I suppose I could buy in Manila, but then I need to have it transported back to Catbalogan.

• Like 2

Call me bubba
Posted
Posted

I suppose I could buy in Manila, but then I need to have it transported back to Catbalogan.

perhaps that might be the best for you in this situation.

then what is the price for transport of "freight"(bike) back to Catbalogan?

thanks for the story :thumbsup:

• Like 1

Bruce
Posted
Posted

perhaps that might be the best for you in this situation.

then what is the price for transport of "freight"(bike) back to Catbalogan?

thanks for the story :thumbsup:

I would pay bus fare to a rider from Cat to come to Manila to get the bike. But even looking on Sulit, I see OLD bigger bikes but nothing much as new or newer touring bikes. 300-500cc models with comfortable seats.  

• Like 2

Mike S
Posted
Posted

Bruce check the Cebu Classifieds .... might have some thing there .... there are a couple of used bigger bike dealerships I remember  seeing when we lived there and although you need to cross on the RoRo it might be a bit closer ....  just a thought ..... also I believe there is a Philippine motorcycle website here somewhere I'll try and dig up the link if I can find it ..... they have everything but mostly used ..... and you may not want used .... :cheersty: 

Here found it .......   http://www.motorcyclephilippines.com/classifieds/

Bruce
Posted
Posted

Thanks....