1St Extenision Experiance - Davao City

ducecoop
Posted
Posted (edited)

Mostly uneventful.

showed up at 12:40pm (my first mistake). Despite a giant signage that says "NO NOON BREAK" no work was getting done on the lunch break.

Don't ware shorts or sandles (my second mistake - my pinay had to wait outside).

at 1pm when the first person returned to the windows i went to the window that said "tourist visa extension". I was given a form to fill out.

Be sure you know your address

be sure you have a character reference and know their address and phone (I just used my pinay).

I had read many places that you needed 3 copies of each page (used) of your passport. They only took 1 copy.

I had also read that you needed 2 passport size pictures. They did not ask for any.

turned in the form at the same window and waited. about 30 minutes later my name was called and they asked for 3030P. Paid and was told to wait again.

About 30 minutes later may name was called and I signed for receiving my passport. Now stamped with 38 more days.

A bit over and hour and fairly easy even without my pinay inside to translate for  me.

BTW: Don't bother asking how long it will take. I over heard several ask this question to several different officers. All got the same answer no matter where they were in the process - "won't be long now sir" :)

So now I know my every 2 month routine.

OH! one last thing. Anything you read about being able to do this in SM mall is either false information or outdated. Nothing in the mall. I went to BOI across from Victoria plaza

Edited by ducecoop
  • Like 2

Bruce
Posted
Posted

I needed no refrences or pictures when I did mine in Calbayog last year. All else is about the same. I provided a photo copy if the passport 1st page and entry page and a copy of my Florida driver license. 3030 cost. No dress code. No other customers....

When I did mine last week at the Manila airport, they made a copy of the passport. Cost me 2550. 

I think your next one is more expensive but the 3rd one is cheaper. Look up the fee schedule on the BI site. From memory, it is about $600 a year.  

• Like 2

ancienrocka
Posted
Posted

I needed no refrences or pictures when I did mine in Calbayog last year. All else is about the same. I provided a photo copy if the passport 1st page and entry page and a copy of my Florida driver license. 3030 cost. No dress code. No other customers....

When I did mine last week at the Manila airport, they made a copy of the passport. Cost me 2550. 

I think your next one is more expensive but the 3rd one is cheaper. Look up the fee schedule on the BI site. From memory, it is about $600 a year.  

A quick guide to how much each extension will cost you - Not at this address /wp-content/uploads/2011/02/visaextensioncost.jpg

• Like 2

Bruce
Posted
Posted

A quick guide to how much each extension will cost you - http://www.cebuexpat...tensioncost.jpg

I am not sure how to read that second box about the additional cost of an ACR card. Is that a MUST for my next extension? I will not need a 3rd. Leaving after about 75 days. 

bootleultras
Posted
Posted

Wondered why the costs were jumping all over the place for the first few months, at least I know now itll stay at the same price for the next 12 months.