30 Day Visa?

dalidali
Posted
Posted

What ever became of the rumors that a foreigner would receive a 30 permission to stay at the point of arrival vs the current 21 days?

Still a rumor?

mariposa
Posted
Posted

Still 21days. I have a client recently arrives. Still 21days stamp.

Adventurer
Posted
Posted

I can imagine a rumor would take at least another 10 years to actually happen there with the infrastructure :) I would not be holding my breath...

• Like 1

Mike S
Posted
Posted

With all the new regs being implemented by the present administration I personally don't look for any breaks to be given to foreigners no matter what they say about wanting tourist dollars ..... actually they would be happier if you would just send your dollars and you stay home ..... IMHO ...... take the new 13a requirements ..... you must provide a FBI clearance (if you are from the US) and a proof of financial responsibility to get a 13a ..... AND if you are now on a 13a temporary before you can get a permanent one you also must meet the new requirements ..... and if you fail to do so before the time runs out on your temp you have to start all over again ..... (this info just taken from another board by a member there who just had to go through this) and of course they don't notify you until you apply for the permanent one which means you have less than 2 months to get your FBI clearance ....... almost impossible to do unless you return to the US and even then it will be to close for comfort ...... but ..... it is more fun in the Philippines ...... di ba ...........   :hystery: :hystery: :hystery: :hystery: :cheersty:

MikeB
Posted
Posted

AND if you are now on a 13a temporary before you can get a permanent one you also must meet the new requirements

I heard exactly the opposite, if you already have the temp the new requirement doesn't apply so who knows. I'll find out for sure when I apply for the permanent toward the end of year. If anyone else has 1st hand experience that would be good to know.

Mike S
Posted
Posted

Mike here is the post I copied from else where ..... this guy claimed it happened to him

Every individual, regardless of nationality, is required to comply with the new memorandum. You will have to check with your own respective government regarding national police clearances. This post is slightly biased towards US citizens, but the same info applies to all. 

If you are from the USA and planning to apply or amend a permanent resident visa in the Philippines you will now require an FBI criminal background check.

http://www.fbi.gov/a...ckground-checks

If you have been living in the Philippines more than 6 months and planning to apply or amend a permanent resident visa, you will additionally require an NBI clearance.

http://www.nbi.gov.ph

I went through all the motions: applied for the 13(a) visa, waited the one year probationary period, attempted to amend to permanent status at Intramuros and they informed me of the new requirements. Of course, none of this information is posted on the BI website, applications, checklists, and etc. I found out the hard way.

I am definitely not going to waste more time and money to fly back to the states and acquire the FBI clearance and go through the process again. I will depart the Philippines with my spouse and reenter on Balikbayan Stamp, it's free.

• Like 1

Mike S
Posted
Posted

And some more info .....

They ought to grandfather in those already in possesion of the temporary resident visa.

That would have been greatly appreciated, for certain. At the very least, they could have notified the current visa holders and general public regarding the new requirements. I cringe for all the folks heading unknowing every day to immigration offices across the country. The FBI clearance requires some time and effort to complete, including fingerprinting and fees. I know one fella who had to hastily return to Canada just to acquire a national police clearance. What a shame.

JJReyes
Posted
Posted

The keynote speaker for the Philippine Retirement & Healthcare Sumitt, 22-23 April is the Secretary of Tourism. He might announce the proposed 90 days visa for persons 55 years and older. Then again maybe not because such announcement are usually made by the President during one of his speeches. 

Jtpnyc
Posted
Posted

30 days seems good I hope they do this.