Paradise For Deadly Animals ~ Philippines - Bbc

ibemarshall
Posted
Posted

Just when you thought it was safe to go into the water....

This episode focuses on The Philippines

As the host cautions - "Keep your eyes peeled!"

http://youtu.be/ZJeXGo6laMQ

• Like 2

Adventurer
Posted
Posted (edited)

that water lizard looks amazing although not something I would enjoy finding in my bed there :)

there are lots of deadly creatures in the Philippines/. I have seen some weird looking things when swimming out in tropical waters.

But I also see many weird creatures here in Aussie too lol.

I found this really weird looking thing crawling across my floor after it rained here in Sydney city recently. It looked like a cross between a caterpillar and a deadly spider it was black and quite big, so ugly and weird I just killed it as I did not want to share my unit with it.

Edited by Adventurer
  • Like 3

Dougbert
Posted
Posted

Neat stuff.  I wonder where he was when he filmed this? 

I've seen a 4' (1.3m) water monitor on Pangangan, Bohol.  At the same place my GF and I were wading in about 3.5' (1+m) of water at high tide.  The shore is rocky there so there are steps to get into the water.  At low tide there's a wide shelf of exposed coral.  Anyway, the rocks are undercut pretty severely.  We're just chatting and watching small fish swimming nearby when my GF suddenly starts pushing me toward the stairs "out!  get out!"  What is it?  She saw a sea krait swim right past us into the rocks.  And I missed the whole thing!

• Like 2

MikeB
Posted
Posted

I wonder where he was when he filmed this? 

The map zeros in on Palawan in the beginning of the video and the closing credits give thanks to the Puerto Princesa Subterranean River National Park. Would have been a lot more informative if they had given the location instead of referring to everything as "the Philippines". 

• Like 1