Tickets To Pi Bought

JJ_Vill
Posted
Posted

We bought our tickets today and we arrive on May 7th. Decided to go visit my dad in Laoag first before we choose on a place to settle. It seemed logical since we have a BB box for him, not to mention the free accomodations. The last time I was in Laoag was in 2006 and have heard that it has changed tremendously.

We were initially thinking about purchasing round trip tickets LAX-MNL-LAX, but bought a throw away ticket LAX-MNL-HKG. It saved us $$$ and who knows, we might actually go to Hong Kong. Since my partner will be on a multiple entry visa, we plan on traveling a lot, not only within the country, but other countries in SE Asia (Indonesia and Thailand are high on our list).

Hope to meet other expats during our travels!!!

Jeremiah

• Like 3

JJReyes
Posted
Posted

The Philippine government is trying to push development away from the Tiered I cities like Metro Manila and Metro Cebu to Tiered II & III like Laoag, San Fernando, Lipa, Bacolod, and Iloilo. There have been lots of development activity during the past few years and it will continue during the foreseeable future. Good luck with your Philippine adventure. We have ties to San Diego since our son and his family reside in La Jolla. To say that the Philippines will be different is an understatement.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
NYCDaHype
Posted
Posted

Good to hear, maybe we can meet up one day and chill who knows lol. My ticket is with me and my girl next week to manila. She is from there.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
JJ_Vill
Posted
Posted

Good to hear, maybe we can meet up one day and chill who knows lol. My ticket is with me and my girl next week to manila. She is from there.

That sounds great! One more week and we'll be in PI. 

Tomorrow is my last day of work and we'll be packing and buying last minute items in the next couple days. Stressful and exciting at the same time.

• Like 2

BrettGC
Posted
Posted

You'll be amazed at the difference. Before February, I hadn't been there for 10 years, even Manila is cleaner.  You can still see the haze as you approach on the expressway but it does seem thinner than I remember.  Notable places that have changed the most:  Subic, couldn't believe the difference, it's gone from a run down, trying to be,  tourist destination since the US withdrawal to a clean and vibrant holiday mecca.  Clark/Angeles has undergone much the same transformation particularly around the central Angeles area where my lady lives and works.  I was so impressed with it that we're sort of toying with the idea of staying there for 12 months, after I arrive, despite our business interests in Butuan, which are basically run by her brother anyway.

Anyway mate, enjoy your new life!  Envious that it's not me making the final move just yet!

• Like 3