Mobile Telco's In Pi

BrettGC
Posted
Posted

Hi Guys,

Rather than be stung by exorbitant data/roaming rates this time around, I'm going to grab a sim card in Manila.  Any recommendations?

Brett

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

Hi Guys,

Rather than be stung by exorbitant data/roaming rates this time around, I'm going to grab a sim card in Manila.  Any recommendations?

Brett

Just grab a smart sim starter kit or globe. http://www1.smart.com.ph/prepaid/sim/

Depends where you will be as to which may work better but I have always had Smart. You just buy the kit, insert sim, scratch the card to reveal access code and follow instructions and Jake's your uncle.

Don't forget to turn roaming on before you come back and your lady can still text you for the cost of a local text but for you to reply will cost 20 peso each text but what I do while here in Aus is mostly reply by Skype text to phone.

You can set up your online account with smart to tell you your balance and I buy load from here while in Aus. https://store.smartpinoy.com/

Also try not to forget that they call them cell phones there, not mobiles like we do. :)

• Like 4

Call me bubba
Posted
Posted (edited)

consider SMART , the Talk n Text or SUN.

smart does or has offered low international rates in the past if you use a "calling card" or access a certain number..

Sun... i understand has similar offer at present

off topic? humm you decide,

i dont have a NON RP cell number,YET I still have certain people that need to call me,,

have you considered a CALL BACK SERVICE or a service that would direct certain calls to your local number ?

(this may not apply for AUS residents. )

what i have used for past several years is a TOLL FREE number that "certain individuals or businesses" can contact me,.. they call a local number(usually its a Toll free) then its directed to my RP landline or wireless(cell).

yes I pay for the COMPLETE call , the benefit to me is that who needs to call me can

, 2. yes i pay for the call. usually /25cents us per minute($1.00 recurring monthly fee) its MUCH cheaper than ANY ROAMING RATES ,

much cheaper, (dirt cheap)

i would discuss more but i am not updated or current on the CALLBACK services presently offered worldwide

Edited by Pittman apartments Sgn
  • Like 1

samatm
Posted
Posted

consider SMART , the Talk n Text or SUN.

smart does or has offered low international rates in the past if you use a "calling card" or access a certain number..

Sun... i understand has similar offer at present

off topic? humm you decide,

i dont have a NON RP cell number,YET I still have certain people that need to call me,,

have you considered a CALL BACK SERVICE or a service that would direct certain calls to your local number ?

(this may not apply for AUS residents. )

what i have used for past several years is a TOLL FREE number that "certain individuals or businesses" can contact me,.. they call a local number(usually its a Toll free) then its directed to my RP landline or wireless(cell).

yes I pay for the COMPLETE call , the benefit to me is that who needs to call me can

, 2. yes i pay for the call. usually /25cents us per minute($1.00 recurring monthly fee) its MUCH cheaper than ANY ROAMING RATES ,

much cheaper, (dirt cheap)

i would discuss more but i am not updated or current on the CALLBACK services presently offered worldwid

what service are you using.  I have considered something like that but was never satisfied.   Do any provide a answer service whereby messages can be left .