13A Visa

david f
Posted
Posted

hi all been looking around for the answer but cant seem to find it do any of you here know the income amount be month  you need to qualify for the 13a visa

thank you 

Mike S
Posted
Posted

hi all been looking around for the answer but cant seem to find it do any of you here know the income amount be month  you need to qualify for the 13a visa

thank you 

Yes that is indeed an interesting question ..... years ago when it was implemented before the actually posted it on the website but now with the new regs it seems to be anyone's guess as to the exact amount I sure hope for you guy's sake they aren't leaving it up to the individual BI offices ...... surely they will publish something soon .... now it just reads you must provide them with a bank statement but the interesting thing is it can be yours OR hers also ...... hummmmmm ....  :thumbsup: :cheersty:

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
Bil Brock
Posted
Posted

I got a 13G residency which is kind of like a 13A, & no mention of income was made. This was in Sept. 2012.

• Like 1

Markham
Posted
Posted

You wouldn't have been affected by the new requirements, Bill, since they only came into force at the beginning of this year.

To answer the OP's question: there is no set amount but you will have to convince BI that you have sufficient funds flowing into your account at regular intervals to meet all your and your household's outgoings. Since without a permanent residents' visa, you can not earn money in this country, all your income must come from overseas sources. Your wife's actual or potential earnings capability is not taken into consideration, as far as I know.

• Like 2

Papa Carl
Posted
Posted

For those of you who have read my other post you will know I just had to go through this process again. (Complicated story). However on this application I found out that my attorney put my income from working here in the Philippines at only 25K (pesos) a month, and it was accepted! So I am not sure there is a minimum! They did not require any bank statements, or pay slips etc. 

I asked my attorney why he put 25K, and he said he didn't know what my income was and knew that it would be accepted.

Ha

Papa Carl

• Like 3

i am bob
Posted
Posted

You wouldn't have been affected by the new requirements, Bill, since they only came into force at the beginning of this year.

To answer the OP's question: there is no set amount but you will have to convince BI that you have sufficient funds flowing into your account at regular intervals to meet all your and your household's outgoings. Since without a permanent residents' visa, you can not earn money in this country, all your income must come from overseas sources. Your wife's actual or potential earnings capability is not taken into consideration, as far as I know.

I don't have the reference with me right now but I did read that, if married, they will take the wife's income into consideration if needed.  Note the "if needed" part...  it leaves it open to their interpretation so if you are short of funds and your wife needs to work?  Be very very nice to the people you need to speak with!