Citibank Credit Card

Mike S
Posted
Posted (edited)

Not sure if this sould go here or not but looks good anyway .....

Some time back we had a post about Citibank 's travel notifications ...... to refresh some people's memories when you move to the Philippines with a Citibank credit card (not a debit card) they require you to notify them if you are going to be here for more than 90 days (of course you are going to be here more than 90 days ... you live here) anyway after the 90 days they will lock your account and you can no longer make purchases on it .... now there are two ways you can go about getting it extended ....

1) you can call them and answer a bunch of questions and they will grant you another 90 days

2) you can go online to your online account and extend there .....

1. Open you account

2. Go to Benefits and Services

3. Under Account Services Tools select

4. Manage Travel Notifications

5. Under Your Existing Travel Notification(s) select

6. View travel notifications

7. If there is nothing there fill out the info .... if something there you must cancel the old notification first before proceeding with your new information and you are good to go

Now someone asked if you could extend to 90 days .... yes you can (or at least I just did) just remember that you must count today and figure in the days with 31 .... you can't just go from April 17th to July 17th because that is more than 90 days .... correct date would be from April 17th to July 16th .... 90 days .... :thumbsup:

DISCLAIMER ...... this works for ME ..... it may not work for you ..... :hystery: :hystery: :cheersty:

Edited by Mike S
  • Like 3

Call me bubba
Posted
Posted

thanks MIKE S.

it reminded me that i need to do the same..update my whereabouts to my Cards..

• Like 2

jpbago
Posted
Posted

Here is a website for calculating dates forward or back from a future date: http://www.timeanddate.com/date/dateadd.html

For my credit/debit cards, I call before I leave telling them where I will be until further notice. When I return, I call them to say that I am at home now.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
For my credit/debit cards, I call before I leave telling them where I will be until further notice. When I return, I call them to say that I am at home now.

The problem I had once is the date I told them I am returning is the day after so when I tried to pay the taxi it was declined.  :lol:

• Like 3

jpbago
Posted
Posted (edited)

The problem I had once is the date I told them I am returning is the day after so when I tried to pay the taxi it was declined.  :lol:

Yes, that has happened to me too. But just once. The banks are accurate and firm on the dates that you gave them. You probably don't have to call when you return but I do just to be sure that the cards are working. I thought you were that guy that always has some cash in his sock.

Edited by Jollygoodfellow
fixed posting error
  • Like 1

Mike S
Posted
Posted

Hummmmmmm I think you have him confused with someone else ..... he don't wear socks ...... and you will have to use your imagination about anything else he don't wear ....... now where is my buddy Jake ..... maybe he can help us out a bit  ..... Yooooo Hoooooo ....... kuya Jake ... what say you ...... :nudie: :hystery: :hystery: :cheersty:

• Like 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
 I thought you were that guy that always has some cash in his sock.

Not when I am returning to Australia. If I was going out somewhere in the Philippines then I did keep some peso in either socks or shoes.

• Like 2

i am bob
Posted
Posted

Is that the Tom Jones look?

A sock and a shoe down your pants?

:mocking:  :hystery:  :hystery:  :hystery:

• Like 1