Hotmail.com Issues

SubicSteve
Posted
Posted

Anyone else here in the Philippines having issues getting to:

hotmail.com

outlook.com

microsoft.com

I tried multiple laptops, ISP's and trying open dns.

Call me bubba
Posted
Posted

NO not here,

but since you open a topic on not accessing.....

i cant access   www.manila.gov.ph either slow and then nothing or NO Access.

Mike S
Posted
Posted

Hi Steve .... nope I just now signed in and read my emails before I posted this .... seems OK for me .... :thumbsup: :cheersty:

SubicSteve
Posted
Posted

NO not here,

but since you open a topic on not accessing.....

i cant access   www.manila.gov.ph either slow and then nothing or NO Access.

www.manila.gov.ph   works fine here in Subic.  Trade ya!!!

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
TexasRangersFan
Posted
Posted

I have had problems connecting to my hotmail account in the past as well. It would take several tries to get it to load. I read recently that hotmail is no more. It has been taken over by Outlook express now. I think with the takeover plus all the changes to the looks it was most likely the problem for me.

• Like 1

MikeB
Posted
Posted

Anyone else here in the Philippines having issues getting to:

hotmail.com

outlook.com

microsoft.com

I tried multiple laptops, ISP's and trying open dns.

You can troubleshoot this by opening a cmd window and typing "tracert hotmail.com" or any of the URLs. This will tell you if the packets are getting to the physical (or virtual) server. You can also download Ping Plotter and it will give you a UI of the same info. Very helpful.

• Like 3

Mike S
Posted
Posted

I don't have an issue with opening my HotMail but sense they decided to do an upgrade they are trying to make you up grade your browser even if you don't want to just to see your emails ..... I sent them a email complaining about that but as usual with everything pertaining to M$ it was ignored .... oh and by they way it will open in what ever browser version you are using you just have to put up with daddy M$ telling you yo upgrade your browser before going to you emails .... piss on them I can play their silly game just as long as they can ...... :hystery: :hystery: :hystery: :cheersty:

• Like 2

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

I don't have an issue with opening my HotMail but sense they decided to do an upgrade they are trying to make you up grade your browser even if you don't want to just to see your emails ..... I sent them a email complaining about that but as usual with everything pertaining to M$ it was ignored .... oh and by they way it will open in what ever browser version you are using you just have to put up with daddy M$ telling you yo upgrade your browser before going to you emails .... piss on them I can play their silly game just as long as they can ...... :hystery: :hystery: :hystery: :cheersty:

Where does it say to upgrade your browser when changing to outlook? I don't believe you have to do this but on the other side of it why would you want an out of date browser? 

• Like 1

Mike S
Posted
Posted

Well for the main reason I don't upgrade from FireFox 9.1 is because after that upgrade they won't allow you to customize your add-ons ..... they made a program that allows you to use add-ons that they consider out dated ..... and after version 9.1 they will not allow you to use for instance Google toolbar .... along with a bunch other programs they don't want you to use any more ..... the program is called  Add-on Compatibility Report 1.1 ..... when you find a add-on that FF says is not compatible with their version you just open the program and check "this program works with this version of FF) and it will let you run the program .... been doing it for years .... here is a screen shot of the FF add-ons and also a screen shot for Hotmail requesting me to upgrade .......  :cheersty:

post-11-0-32379300-1369220089_thumb.jpg ........ HotMail ........ post-11-0-39556500-1369220140_thumb.jpg