Forgot To Buy Some Globe Load Cards Before I Left

BrettGC
Posted
Posted (edited)

Hi All,

Just back in Aust today, forgot to buy some cards before I left.  Globe's "reload online" service is down, any suggestions?

Brett

PS I found some 3rd party load sites but not sure whether to trust them or not.

Edited by BrettGC
  • Like 1

samatm
Posted
Posted

so you just arrived Australia and  you need a way to buy globe load?    I am confused?    Are you roaming ?   doesn't globe provide you messages on how to top up etc?         I bought globe load in the US from ebay.

• Like 1

Mike S
Posted
Posted

I have also bought Smart and Globe from trusted ebay sellers when I was still living in the US .... and it worked out very well ..... :thumbsup: :cheersty:

• Like 1

bootleultras
Posted
Posted

Get your girl to pass a load, as far as i know they just have to put 9 then your number & enter the amount they want to send.

• Like 1

BrettGC
Posted
Posted

so you just arrived Australia and  you need a way to buy globe load?    I am confused?    Are you roaming ?   doesn't globe provide you messages on how to top up etc?         I bought globe load in the US from ebay.

Not roaming now, just trying to keep the cost of her texting me down.

• Like 1

BrettGC
Posted
Posted

Ended up using Ebay, load was there within 5 mins, thanks for the tip Mike.

• Like 1

samatm
Posted
Posted

if you have paypal  i could pick you up some load.    Glad you found Ebay.  worked for me too.

• Like 2

i am bob
Posted
Posted

I know here in Canada that several Filipinos I know use WorldRemit for sending cash and airtime top-ups home.  I am not sure what the rates are for air-time but they beat the bank and Western Union quite nicely with their rates for sending cash.  And, yes, they are available in Australia too.  So, if you are interested, you can do it all on-line and not have to leave the comfort of your recliner / couch / bed, etc...

:thumbsup:

• Like 1

BrettGC
Posted
Posted

I know here in Canada that several Filipinos I know use WorldRemit for sending cash and airtime top-ups home.  I am not sure what the rates are for air-time but they beat the bank and Western Union quite nicely with their rates for sending cash.  And, yes, they are available in Australia too.  So, if you are interested, you can do it all on-line and not have to leave the comfort of your recliner / couch / bed, etc...

:thumbsup:

Well I'm in the unusual position that my now fiance earns nearly as much as me a month so she may be the one remitting lol.  All will be explained when I post my latest trip report.

• Like 1