Very Good Hd Utility

Mike S
Posted
Posted

Just found this the other day and it works just great ..... and it is free for home users ...... http://www.disk-partition.com/ ....... don't worry about the ones for sale just look down on the left side and find the one marked for home use ... free ...

My C:\  drive (500g) was getting kinda full ..... (it is partitioned into C:\ 100g and D:\ 385g) ......  my C:\ was already at red warning level so I need to add more space to it .... now I already had moved all MY Pictures ... Movies and Music to D:\ along with my Dowloads and Documents .... did that a while back and it freed up a bunch but I quickely used that space up ..... so I wanted to expand my C:\ partition so I had more room without loosing any of my data on D:\ .....

This little program did the trick quickly and painlessly ..... just a few simple clicks and you are done ..... (I did back up my D:\ before but didn't really need to ... just felt safer) ...... just added another 100g to C:\ and I'm now good to go ..... check out some of their other free stuff .... I downloaded another free program but can't find it yet ..... :mocking: :mocking: ...... oh and by the way I do run Partition Magic but this is much simpler .... for my simple mind ....     post-11-0-92613200-1367389201_thumb.jpg        :hystery: :hystery: :cheersty:

post-11-0-78940700-1367389124_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

i am bob
Posted
Posted

Gee Mike...

We have had these tools for years with Linux... hehe! ( Yes,i know.. may the evil Linux gawds strike me dead... ;) )

Mike S
Posted
Posted

Gee Mike...

We have had these tools for years with Linux... hehe! ( Yes,i know.. may the evil Linux gawds strike me dead... ;) )

Bob .. Bob .. Bob ...... I said I just found this particular program not that it was the first one ever made for Windows ..... my Partition Magic I've had for about 10 years but it can get kinda complicated so I like to kiss if I can .... Win 7 also has a HD tool but 3rd party vendors always do a much better job than the OS developers ..... but I do have to ask you a question ..... why do Linux users always seem to have to convince us poor ol' Windows users how much better Linux is ..... :horse: ,,,,,,,, almost like they are trying to convince themselves ...... :36_6_3[1]:  ......   :grouphugg: :hystery: :hystery: :thumbsup: :cheersty:

• Like 1

Bruce
Posted
Posted
We have had these tools for years with Linux...

Yeah, but who takes a computer program named after a Peanuts character seriously? Maybe that is why is never really caught on? :cheersty:

• Like 1

SubicSteve
Posted
Posted

Also free and works well...

http://www.partition-tool.com/download.htm

• Like 3

i am bob
Posted
Posted
why do Linux users always seem to have to convince us poor ol' Windows users how much better Linux is .....

Mikey, Mikey, Mikey...  Maybe because we know the difference between something that is good and something that is bad !  Those of us who use Linux are usually the guys who always have friends calling and asking if we can fix their Windows problems...   Interesting item I read a few months back...  Of all former MS executives who left on their own terms (not fired) since 2005, over 85% switched to Linux for their personal use within 6 months of their leaving.  Over 20% actually switched before leaving MS.  If you have to ask why...

:tiphat:

• Like 1

i am bob
Posted
Posted

We have had these tools for years with Linux...

Yeah, but who takes a computer program named after a Peanuts character seriously? Maybe that is why is never really caught on? :cheersty:

So is that any better than Mr Bill naming his after his "package"?   :mocking:

:cheersty:

• Like 1

Mike S
Posted
Posted

Hey Bob .................... post-11-0-86621100-1367466016_thumb.jpg .......... or if you prefer the adult version ....... post-11-0-45596400-1367466753_thumb.jpg  ...... :hystery: :hystery: :hystery: :cheersty:

• Like 1