Bpi Promo

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

I meant to post this a few weeks ago but I forgot until now.

BPI has a promo going March 15th until May 31.  If you use your ATM (E.P.S.) card for a retail transaction over p2000, you can get a 3% rebate, up to p600 per transaction.  All you have to do is text the info and you will get a confirmation text back, then the pesos are credited to your account within 15 days.  I have not been credited any pesos yet, so I can't swear that it works, but it should.  We got one rejected because we used the wrong account number, so we know they are processing them.

You should be able to get the rebate for any purchase back to March 15, so give it a try!  Here is a link and you can also get a brochure at the bank.

https://www.mybpimag.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=1080&Itemid=1245

I used it for several larger purchases and I am looking forward to getting the pesos back, because I need money to support my Halo Halo addiction!   :hystery:

• Like 3

JJReyes
Posted
Posted (edited)
I used it for several larger purchases and I am looking forward to getting the pesos back, because I need money to support my Halo Halo addiction!

I am also a Halo Halo addict. Although Whole Foods in Kahala Mall sells tamarind, my preference is to order Sinigang na Bangus while in the Philippine with one bowl of rice. The meal ends with the proverbial Halo Halo. I suppose I can purchase tamarind and use salmon to make Sinigang in Honolulu, but Bangus tastes better. 

Oops. I am getting off topic.

Edited by JJReyes
  • Like 3

MacBubba
Posted
Posted

I have recently seen a video of Anthony Bourdain enjoying halo-halo. 

We're fortunate that there are some good places to get halo-halo in Toronto.

• Like 1

JJReyes
Posted
Posted

BPI offers excellent service from my one time experience. While in Manila, I needed to send money to my lawyer, whose client trust account is with BPI. I just gave the account number to the representative seated behind the desk and my money. She checked her computer to verify the account number and passed the transaction to a teller, who issued me a receipt.

Took less than two minutes. There was no charge for the service. I had to send an email later in the day to the law firm's accountant indicating the time, date and amount since the money would show up in their account, but no explanation as to who sent it.

I tried exchanging USD to PHP at a local bank. They wanted me to list on a piece of paper the serial numbers of all the $100 bills! Then they took the bills to a photocopier and asked for my passport to also make a copy. After that experience, money changers only. No questions asked. No passport. No i.d. required.  

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

BTW, I did receive credits back to my account for the 3% rebate.  

If you want to maximize the rebates, if possible split large transactions and keep each one to a maximum of p20000. P20000 will give you a p600 rebate, which is the maximum per transaction.

E.G., if you have a p30000 transaction, you will get a p600 max rebate.  If you are able to split it to p20000 and p10000, you will receive p600 and p300.

An additional p300 will buy me Halo Halo for almost a week!   :hystery:

• Like 1