Pension Entitlements For Aussie Expats-Uk

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
Not much in this story but might be of interest to someone.  :thumbsup: 

Australians who have worked in the UK could be in for a pleasant surprise when they reach retirement age.

Recent changes to the rules mean they could be line for a British pension, on top of whatever they get here.

For further information on how to claim foreign pensions visit British Pensions or the Centrelink website.

http://au.news.yahoo.com/nsw/latest/a/-/article/17071464/pension-entitlements-for-aussie-expats/

• Like 2

i am bob
Posted
Posted

So that summer when I was 17 bumming around the streets of London playing guitar on street corners?

:mocking:

• Like 1

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

Firstly Bob you don`t want to be saying bumming around corners as it has a different meaning in the uk. And jgf we don`t even

know  if there will be pensions for the Brits so don`t hold your breath.

• Like 1

Papa Carl
Posted
Posted

Can't remember where I read it, but a while ago read an article that stated if you worked and lived in Canada, UK, Australia and The Philippines, you could claim any and all of them, as they had a joint agreement to honour the years worked in each. Which is OK for me as I worked 12 years in Canada, 15 years in the UK, and so far have worked 4 years here in the Philippines.

I will research again and see if I can find the info.

Guess like Bob, I can't claim the years .... hanging around corners...., no can't say that either.... in Malaysia, Hong Kong, Thailand, Australia, Caribbean etc. etc. but then I can't remember most of the time, so not sure if I worked ...., doubt it though!!! Ha ha

Papa Carl

• Like 1