Travel Dates

Bruce
Posted
Posted

I am trying to make a reasonable time table for my return trip to Cebu / Samar. This time I will listen to Lee (note, I said THIS time) and stay for 3 weeks. I can travel most any time, but I do need advance notice to have the store covered whilst I am gone.So, when in the next year should I travel? When would you expect Pinoy Air to have lower fares? I Fly from Florida to Los Angeles and then on to Manila. Is there a better time in the year to travel? I am not bothered by heat, so summer / winter travel is not an issue. Any other things I should consider in my decision? It is way too early for Lee to plan for his next adventure, so I won't tie my travel time to his this year unless they happen to overlap. I just Fed Exed a 24 pound box of medicines / equipment to the Provincial Hospital in Catbalogan and the shipping alone set me back $290. I will begin stocking up medical thingies for my next trip now.... Cheaper to pack a large suitcase full than to ship Fed Ex and the slow boat method is, well, slow!So, any opinions?Bruce

TheMason
Posted
Posted
So, when in the next year should I travel? When would you expect Pinoy Air to have lower fares? I Fly from Florida to Los Angeles and then on to Manila. Is there a better time in the year to travel? I am not bothered by heat, so summer / winter travel is not an issue.
Don't fly from November to January. The rates are much higher due to all the OFWs returning home for the Christmas holidays. The same goes for Easter time. When booking on the PAL site there is a nice feature that allows you to see the fare for numerous days before and after your selected date. You can use that to see exactly when the fares get bumped up for the peak travel times.

Bruce
Posted
Posted
So, when in the next year should I travel? When would you expect Pinoy Air to have lower fares? I Fly from Florida to Los Angeles and then on to Manila. Is there a better time in the year to travel? I am not bothered by heat, so summer / winter travel is not an issue.
Don't fly from November to January. The rates are much higher due to all the OFWs returning home for the Christmas holidays. The same goes for Easter time. When booking on the PAL site there is a nice feature that allows you to see the fare for numerous days before and after your selected date. You can use that to see exactly when the fares get bumped up for the peak travel times.
As of now, there is no price difference between October / November both are between $1004 and $1060 + tax. I was wondering if and when they might drop due to seasonal or business reasons (lower fuel costs / fewer travelers).

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted (edited)

Bruce, the least expensive rate people seem to be getting is on Korean Air but you will arrive in Cebu in the wee hours of the morning. Since you have already been here and if you read the post Markham and I made about how to catch a taxi without getting ripped off, it should not matter to you. You can ask Wendy the travel agent because she did a trip for Franklin that way who visited me after you did and it cost him about $1050 for the whole trip. Wendy Rajabpour Corporate and Leisure TravelARC/IATAN 10934195877-755-3785-B954-755-3785-H954-471-6557-CSkyGirlWR@aol.comThere are many other travel agents people can use that will no doubt cost less than Wendy does, but I like the service she gives me and others that have used her as a travel agent.The time of year will be as already answered, after January and I think the summer is usually the least expensive but tooooooooooooo hot.

Edited by Mr. Lee